Two Heroes Special! Act 4: Gears In Motion!

-WITH DAVID-

David makes his way back towards the storage room in silence, continuing to carry the suitcase with him as he remembered his trip to the medical center one hour ago.

-ONE HOUR AGO-

"Professor Shield, why are you here?"  A medical director asked as David stood across her desk from her, holding the suitcase in his hand tightly as the two shared a moment of silence.  "I was just about to start getting my hair done for the party, so whatever this is about; it'd better be important."

"Please, I know this is all a bit sudden; but..."  David replied to the medical researcher as he handed her a note with a detailed instruction for some kind of antidote.  "I need this to be mixed immediately.  I don't have the necessary knowledge nor training to handle such a delicate thing and you're the only one I can ask to make this, Doctor Cameron."

"You know I can't mix anything without writing an official report."  Doctor Cameron replied.  "The board members tend keep a real tight lid on something as important as medical supplies and where they go and what they're used for.   If the board of medical directors catch even a whiff of this- " 

"Create a false report.  Say that the medicine used in this recipe were simply nearing their expiration date and were being safely disposed of as biohazardous waste.  The higher ups won't even think twice about a report like that and approve it immediately.  And if that report was coming from you Doctor Cameron; there won't be any suspicion drawn to you."  David replied.

Doctor Cameron takes off her glasses and sets them down on the table.  She pulls out a pack of cigarettes from her breast pocket and pulls one out, lighting it up afterwards as she presses a button on her desk, activating the vents above her.

"Professor Shield."  Doctor Cameron said to David as she smoked her cigarettes.  "I'll be blunt with you."

"Like you always have been."  David replied as he chuckled.

"Fair enough.  Vanessa and I were good friends ever since pre-school.  I was the meanest girl in our class and yet she was the only one that didn't seem to be afraid of me and how I looked at the time.  She was my best friend and I loved her like a sister."  Doctor Cameron replied.

"I know.  You're the only reason why me and Vanessa met in the first place."  David replied.  "I still remember it like yesterday when you smacked me over the head for almost forgetting her birthday."

"Been saving your ass ever since you decided to get the hots for Vanessa.  Honestly, I don't know what she ever saw in you.  You get too absorbed in your own work that you forget there's a whole world around you.  You lose track of everything else and devote yourself to whatever machinery you and Sam chose to try and cook up."  Doctor Cameron replied.  "I still remember your guys' first date...  You working in your lab as you were pulling overtime for a project while she sat in a chair for 5 hours...  And yet...  She didn't seem to mind it at all when she talked about it with me.  Vanessa always did have a soft spot for those who were passionate about their craft...  Maybe that's why she fell for you in the first place."

Doctor Cameron continues to smoke her cigarette, blowing the smoke into the air vents as David remained silent; patiently waiting for an answer.

"And then you knocked her up and had an adorable little angel named Melissa Shield, the girl I'd fight the entire world for.  David, I don't give a damn if you managed to create a spaceship capable of interstellar exploration or even solved world hunger, Melissa is and always will be your greatest creation. I'd dare say she is your best creation to date.  Nothing could compare to that beautiful and infectious smile of hers.  It's hard to believe she's even your daughter."  Doctor Cameron continued as she finished her cigarette, putting it out on her ash tray as she sighs.