0. tidal waves

Life was tough.

That's what Shin [Name] have first thought of ever since they knew how much of a hell the place they were living in. The anticipated ugly truth, as one would call.

Starting when they were just nine, when their mother died due of an accident. At first, it was understandable. Their mother had a habit of drinking with her friends every end of the month but truthfully, she wasn't a drunkard. It just so happened that on a one particular night after a party with her co-workers, on her way home she was drunk (of course) and with how sloppy her driving was with her direction through the road — she hit a vehicle, one that was the cause of her death. Well, that's what the driver of the truck have told to the police station after he was taken and interrogated.

Even with the young age, they understood what their mother did wrong. Afterall, drinking will driving was an act of illegal doings and that's what their mother did. They were still saddened though, maybe the one who was the most melancholic during the days of mourning. Everyone understood. They knew how much the [c.] was close to their mother, and that doesn't help the fact that they were an only child.

What the [c.] couldn't understand though was why their other mother have planned the death of his very own wife.

" You used the company's vehicle? Just how stupid can you be? Someone might find it suspicious! " The voice on the other side of the door was muffled, a bit blurry heard but with how their ears practically pressed hard against it made it very much clear.

" But you said we can do anything as long as she'd be dead on that day? What are you so paranoid of? "

" What I'm paranoid of is when someone accuses me of bringing the death of my own wife! "

" Then so be it. Go to jail, have a life sentence. Just know that no one will ever find out about it. "

They were too slow to run and to acknowledge the nearing click of heels and the door knob itself as both ears were ringing. The nine year old couldn't process what they have just heard. With the door opening, their body against it, it made the turn slightly hard for the woman behind. She let out short confused words before her eyes landed on the child with almost the same features as her, save the for the color of their eyes that were in the colour of [c.], the same colour of her recently deceased significant other.

" You heard about it, didn't you? " Their mother had always been the calm one, but the way she looked at them with a blank look, a deep frown on her still youthful face sent shivers down their spine. They very well knew they were in trouble, lying would get them to no where as they're already been found out.

Pat their head gently before grabbing their hair and made them look up to her. " Keep your mouth shut if you don't want to end up like her. "

They didn't need to be told twice.

Life was never the same after that event happened.  It was something they considered traumatic, due to the fact that it was something that have changed their life in a way that took an awful turn.

Their only mother now have never been proud of them. Even when they grew older, from junior high to senior, when they stepped into college and when they graduated. She made it clear that they were a clear disappointment to her.

Maybe the only one thing that she was proud was the fact that they were an Alpha, like her. She'd told it in some way one time when she was drunk out of her mind in the living room.

Her body splayed in the couch with a bottle of an expensive liquor in her pale right hand, while they were near the flat TV watching a children's show trying to drown out the incoherent sentences that was coming out from their mother. Though their focus didn't remain that quick on the television as their cheeks was suddenly grabbed and turned upwards. Tears immediately prickled on the side of their eyes with the harshness of the hold. There their mother stood with a dead look on her face. The liquor was surging throughout her body with how the place complexion of her face was dusted a hue of red.