Grey Matter

Elsa was running late for her meeting , she checked her black shiny wrist watch and took a deep breath

Elsa was running late for her meeting , she checked her black shiny wrist watch and took a deep breath . She was old school and loved traditional hand movement watches , they made a good impression during her business meetings. In a world of smart watches and digital numbers Elsa still used a note pad and was not very fond of messaging apps.

She loved to drive herself and had zero confidence on self driving cars , she saw a driver with metal ball connected to his metal neck turn towards her and give a cold smile to acknowledger her presence and give her the way at junction. Elsa missed the old days when she could just acknowledge with a warm smile or a casual flirt at the beach , all she could get was a cold smile these days , which was an indication that its just a piece of software code inside a metal body wrapped with human like attire. In her rush she took a sharp turn and her car tyre got stuck on the pavement. She got upset and immediately called her husband Jimmy who was just one block away in his office. Jimmy in his military style demeanour came for Elsas help and effortlessly lifted the car from one side to push towards the road , that's how strong he was .

Same evening at the dinner table Jimmy was discussing about the soccer match with his son Ralf and also got into a serious philosophical discussion on Shakespeare with his daughter Laura . All this while Elsa was on her phone talking to someone and not bothered about the discussions at dinner table. Jimmy realised that Elsa was busy talking on phone and got up in his military style demeanour and cooked a delicious pasta for everyone. He called out Elsa and served her dinner. Elsa was distracted after her call and not paying attention to Jimmy who wanted to check with Elsa on her dentist appointment the next morning. The very moment Elsa got up and said in her shrill voice ' Jimmy im sorry but im fed up with our life and I need a divorce ' , this left Jimmy stone faced , something very similar to frozen fish from the Atlantic .

The next morning at the breakfast table everyone was having their cereal with milk except Jimmy who was dripping in sweat after his 10 K run that he did each morning , he usually never ate and was only looking for Elsas attention .

He gave her a dockit with papers which had a description of their separation agreement and the request to retain custody of kids.

Elsa was aware of this predictable behavior and agreed on the terms mentioned by Jimmy.

Kids were left in shock and could not believe that their parents were separated now after 12 years of marriage, suddenly Karl asked Jimmy if his grandfather ever had a divorce .

To which Jimmy replied in negative since he was the first generation of Alpha Core X Male processor that was developed by ACE technologies in 2045.