Mildred

During my time on the surface, I met a man, Mildred. A feminine name? Yes. He was so beautiful they thought he was a baby girl.

A gentle advisor full of wisdom and knowledge. He never for once gave the wrong advice to those who asked.

He collected nothing but "Thank you Mildred" and it made him happy. The only place he made money from was his Tailoring Shop at the end of Albert street in Camden Town. He was pretty good at the craft you'd think he sewed with the hands of angels. He made good money from it.

One day Mildred, took a pen and paper to write. And he started with:

"Perfect Mildred?"A question mark you'd ask, but he never felt perfect.

He was lacking a home.He had a wife with an impeccable overdramatic trait and all the elements of a bad wife, and two daughters named Esme and Felicity who weren't so far from her ways, She was a woman of her own. She never respected him. Never listened to a word he said. He felt non-existent with her. She never took care of their girls. Mildred also wasn't always there for them because he was a very busy man. All Juliana did was cook for the family. Like she was just a maid. Her role as a mother and wife was vacant with no intention of filling in anytime soon. Mildred couldn't control his wife. Mildred couldn't control his children but that's another story for another paper.

One glorious evening, after a long day at work.

Yeah, we all know how it goes.

Yes, you guessed right.

A man he knew on his bed with Juliana.

All Mildred did was go to the pub, and got drunk. Mildred who was a man of honor never drank this much alcohol.

On his way back home he decided to visit the man named Patrick who had sex with his wife.

"Here comes the impotent one who can't even satisfy his woman, no wonder she craves me. You're a waste man" said Patrick in a loud voice. Mildred who was always slow to anger and speech wasn't slow this time. On hearing that, there was a surge through him, was it spite or anger? We don't know, all we know is that Patrick fell to his knees holding a screwdriver in his neck just missing a vein. Mildred bent over him, looking him in the eye while pulling out the screw driver and went straight for the eyes. Plucking both eyes out with no remorse or guilt whatsoever written on his face. Standing erect, he found a kitchen knife on the table a few feets from him, he dismembered Patrick, and packed the pieces in a duffel bag.

Having cleaned up, he went to the washroom and had a wash, and changed into one of the now dismembered Patrick's clothes. He carried the duffel bag over is shoulder to a river down the road, burned the chunks and gathered up the ashes into a jar and spread it over the river. A proper burial eh? Yeah that was what Mildred did.

He got home to a pleading Juliana. The first of it's kind. But he had crossed the line, there was no coming back. So, he picked her up. With kisses on her lips he brought her to her knees by the screw driver he knived into her right leg. With blood dripping from her leg, he dragged her round the house in search for nails and a hammer.

He finally found them after ten minutes of roaming. He picked her up to sit on a chair back to the wall. Spread out her right hand and sent the nail right through her right palm into the wall. She screamed so loudly but there was no one around to hear her. He did the same for her left hand too. She passed out from the pain.By the time she woke up to reality he was nowhere to be found. Mildred left town.

Oh Mildred, I wish I had met you earlier to tell you that you were with the wrong woman.