Part One: Vicente

⠀⠀⠀by: madi

⠀⠀⠀ bachelor vicente silva was no longer a bachelor. and he now had a very amazing and very attractive girlfriend along with a great deal many new friends. life was definitely good — especially in all the ways that mattered.

⠀⠀⠀ it was monday — one day before a classic karaoke tuesday. and he had a lot of work to do.

⠀⠀⠀ the trio wanted to invite some of their old friends along to the party, seeing as though it had been months since the end of the selection. they all kept in touch, but it would definitely be a treat to party together, just like old times.

⠀⠀⠀ first, he called up aviva. the two spent a little time catching up over the phone, chatting about this and that. the nervous young woman had definitely grown from the selection, after finding some newfound confidence she stopped second guessing herself and found a lovely jewish boyfriend. and good thing too, because the horowitz family would have come after vicente with sabbath candles.

⠀⠀⠀ but now the two were good friends, often meeting up at strange, yet cool places to try food and drink lots and lots of wine. but no one had to worry, because vicente was building up her tolerance to keep her from passing out — to prevent a repeat of what happened at the big selection rager. her boyfriend surely was thankful.

⠀⠀⠀ next, he dialed for felicity. after the selection ended, the two of them realized they were better off as best friends with all of their squabbling. they often argued openly like siblings, making her a quick favorite of laurel's, to which she was invited to girl's night now and then. the woman did not actually open an art gallery, but instead used her confrontational skills at law school in accordance to her being a marketing agent.

⠀⠀⠀ but she did invite vicente out once in a while, where they would often paint in their pajamas and talk about everything. it felt like having a little sister, one who was really /really/ good at arguing. they also would often give eachother gag gifts of tiny pajamas, the sizes growing smaller and smaller each time.

⠀⠀⠀ his mind wandered to maverick, the kindhearted male that had past away just a few months ago in a tragic car accident. it was hard to even recount that tragic day in december, where maverick had accidentally stepped in front of a car and unexpectedly past away. but vicente kept his last words close, using them for strength as he went about his days.

⠀⠀⠀ maverick was such a light to everyone that ever met him, and vicente wished he was here to celebrate with all of his friends who loved him dearly. but v knew in his heart that mav would have wanted him to be happy — for them all to be happy. even after his death.

⠀⠀⠀ and then he called the rest — cecily and izabella and pluto — inviting them out to party. he hoped to see them too, even if they weren't as close. it was always nice to see familiar faces, and he knew noel and laurel would be grateful.

⠀⠀⠀ sighing, he put down his phone and peered over at his sleeping beauty — adelina. his beautiful girlfriend. she was resting up for their big day tomorrow, and vicente knew he should too. but those late night thoughts started creeping on him, and he began to think.

⠀⠀⠀ vicente had never had a serious girlfriend before in his life — and although he was happy, there were many things he needed to learn about being a good boyfriend. like communication. and trust. and when to not punch a man in the face for accidentally touching adelina's side to get past. stuff like that.

⠀⠀⠀ but hopefully that was behind them. for it had been several months since the end of the selection, and every day since they had grown stronger together as partners, and as people.

⠀⠀⠀ and today was the day celebrate just that. ⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀—— ❆ ——
⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀ "god — get your butt up, v! the alarm went off twenty minutes ago, we gotta get ready!"

⠀⠀⠀ the male groaned, turning over in his sheets with a yawn. he must have fallen asleep. but today — finally — after months of waiting, laurel had gone through with her present to adelina in secret santa — a photoshoot just for the two of them. and with the smell of spring just on the horizon, it was the perfect time to snap pictures with flowers in beautiful bloom.

⠀⠀⠀ "geez, adely. you're prettier when you're sleepin — alright! i'm going i'm going," he replied as she gave him a look, rubbing his tired eyes and making his way to the bathroom. adelina, of course, had spent hours picking out the perfect outfit with hair and makeup. not that she was superficial in the slightest — but she wanted everything to be perfect. it was a photoshoot after all, and she knew that these pictures were ones she would want to keep forever.

⠀⠀⠀ vicente, on the other hand, took about ten minutes to get ready, if only to perfect his curls in the most gorgeous manner. he knew he was attractive, but having his hair nice definitely sealed the deal. and adelina's smooch after he emerged from the bathroom made him all the more confident. perhaps too confident.

⠀⠀⠀ "you know, sweetheart, i could always schedule another photoshoot. yeah — we could get some video cameras with a black couch. something i could look back at later —"

⠀⠀⠀ "very funny, v. now come on, or we're going to be late." reluctantly pouting, the male allowed her take charge and get them out the door.

⠀⠀⠀ which was a good thing, because they made it right on time. the couple spent the afternoon posing, staring lovingly into one another's eyes, and just enjoying being doted upon. even vicente could admit he was having fun. he loved the attention. and adelina loved the photos. it was the perfect gift.

⠀⠀⠀ after it was all over, the two began to make their way to laurel's apartment, hand in hand. it was karaoke tuesday, after all. and who didn't want to hear laurel shriek into a mic once or twice every hour?
⠀⠀⠀ ⠀
⠀⠀⠀ "wait, v — look!"

⠀⠀⠀ adely half pulled half dragged vicente over a street, him grumbling all the way.

⠀⠀⠀ "ow! stop! i — oh. wow."

⠀⠀⠀ the sunset. such a symbol for the couple who had spent many evenings drinking and kissing and making love under its glow. after adelina had interrupted his routine to give him a present the first time, she had taken it upon herself to become a part of that same routine, not wanting him to be alone in it. she had always found the city beautiful, just as vicente had. and they both knew they never wanted to leave it, or eachother.

⠀⠀⠀ they watched awestruck for a moment, letting the sun fully disappear over the skyscraper skyline before starting to move again.

⠀⠀⠀ but they were already astray from their route and very, very late. and adelina spotted a shop out of the corner of her eye.

⠀⠀⠀ "shall we buy a bottle of wine for the occasion?" adelina asked innocently, looking a liquor store with curiosity. over the past months, the woman had been ranking up her winery knowledge as her and vicente went out more often. all of those dates while trying a new bottle of wine were about to pay off.

⠀⠀⠀ vicente stopped in his tracks, eyes almost welling up with tears of pride.

⠀⠀⠀ "goddamn — you are so sexy."

⠀⠀⠀ she looped her arm through his with a joyful laugh, pressing her chin against his arm as she looked up at him mischievously.

⠀⠀⠀ "what if i said i wanted san filippo le lucere?"

⠀⠀⠀ "then i would say we're getting married on the spot."

⠀⠀⠀ their laughter filled the air as they entered the shop, giving eachother lovesick smiles all the while. together, the couple looked like something out of a storybook — like they had met under different circumstances than a party raging with booze and sex. like they had met under the first snow of winter, or in a carriage ride under the stars.

⠀⠀⠀ like they had met in a fairytale. and now they were just a boy and a girl — falling in love.

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀[ end of part one ]