The Swan Wolf

Name: Paige Melody Swan
Age:16
Name: Mel (by Melissa), baby (by Isaac), twin (by Scott), brat (by Isabella), niece (by Charlie), god daughter (by Billy), cousin (by Rachel and Rebecca)
Parents:
Melissa Swan (mother)
Raphael Clearwater (father)

Sibling(s):
Scott Swan (twin brother)

Other relatives:
William "Billy" Black Jr. (Godfather)
Sarah black nee Wilde (godmother, deceased sadly)
Rachel &Rebecca (god sisters/cousins )
Jacob Ephraim Black (god brother/Cousin)
Renee Steph Dwyer nee swan (aunt)
Isabella Marie Swan (cousin)
Charles Elijah Swan (uncle)
Geoffrey Swan (grandfather) ♰
Helen Swan (grandmother) ♰

AKA
Lycanthrope
RELATED
Werecoyote
Werejaguar
Chimera

Werewolves are the predominant supernatural species in the Teen Wolf universe, and they were the first supernatural creature to be introduced in the series. They are shapeshifters who have the ability to transform from an ordinary human appearance to a partially-lupine form that includes glowing eyes (which are either gold, blue, or red depending on rank or other factors) pointed ears, mutton chops, claws and fangs, and a ridged brow. In rare cases, Werewolves can also have such advanced shapeshifting abilities that they can actually turn into a real wolf, or can transform into a large, monstrous, bipedal wolf-man.

Along with shapeshifting, all Werewolves possess superior strength, speed, agility, healing, and senses, among other powers.

In the supernatural community, being a Werewolf is considered a gift, but it is a gift that has a cost—because a Werewolf's powers are derived from the moon, the full moon will cause their abilities and emotions to be so heightened that many lose control of themselves, which can cause death and destruction if not handled properly. For this reason, all newly turned Werewolves need to be trained in order to resist the urges that the moon forces upon them, which will allow them to remain in their human form unless it's absolutely necessary to change.

There are several known ways to become a Werewolf. The two most common ones are being a born a Werewolf or to be bitten by an Alpha Werewolf. In incredibly-rare occasions, the claws of an Alpha can turn a human into a Werewolf if they scratch the human recipient deep enough, though it is considered less effective than the Bite. Myths have also stated that drinking rainwater from the pawprint of a wolf can change a human into a lycanthrope. However, these methods are not guaranteed to be successful; children of Werewolves have been known to be born completely human, and in many cases, the Bite has actually killed their human recipients rather than transformed them into Werewolves. Also, in one known case, a daughter of a Werewolf, Malia Tate, inherited her mother's Werecoyote heritage rather than that of her father, and in other cases, several former humans who were turned by an Alpha Werewolf have become other kinds of shapeshifters, such as a Kanima in Jackson Whittemore's case

A Werewolf is strongest when in a pack with one Alpha (who is the leader of the pack) and at least three Beta Werewolves total, which constitutes a basic pack; in most cases, there is usually a defined hierarchy within the pack.

The Alpha draws power from their Betas, and vice-versa, which makes them stronger, more mature and more effective in battle. Werewolves without a pack are known as Omegas, who are generally regarded as weaker and easier to defeat and/or kill than their Beta and Alpha peers, who have packs to back them up, though this is not always the case; an Omega could be the sole surviving member of a pack that was decimated, a former Alpha who has been abandoned by his Betas or a Beta abandoned or kicked out of their former pack, or, in the rarest of cases, are lone wolves purely by choice.

There are enough Werewolves in existence that the community even has its own culture, which includes legends and folk tales passed down through the generations, mystical rituals for certain events, and societal protocols for how to deal with intense situations, such as how to respond to the death of one of their fellow packmates.