1. reincarnated

Hala slowly opened her eyes and found herself in a completely unfamiliar place. Everything was hazy, and she couldn't see clearly. She tried to move, but her body felt weak and powerless. Suddenly, she heard the sound of someone crying, it was a woman's voice. Hala tried to sit up, but she couldn't. Her body felt like it was being weighed down by a ton of bricks.

As her vision cleared, Hala saw a woman in front of her, crying uncontrollably. She had long golden hair and a kind face. She was looking at Hala with a posture as if she was holding a baby in her arms, and Hala realized that following the clichés, the baby was her and the woman was her mother.

Hala tried to speak, but no words came out. She tried to reach out and console her mother, but her arms were too weak. The woman looked at her, tears streaming down her face. "My dear daughter," she whispered. "I'm sorry I won't be there for you. I hope you can forgive me, and remember, it's not your fault, and it will never be no matter what other say"

Suddenly, the woman's expression changed. She seemed to be in great pain, and she let out a scream. Hala watched in horror as her mother's body lay motionless on the ground. Hala could sense that her mother was no longer alive. She felt a deep sense of sadness wash over her. It was a weird feeling, despite just having met her mother. She wanted to cry, but she was too weak and too stunned to do anything.

"Duchess! I will protect Lady Lillian!" One of the maids took her in her arms from her mother's motionless embrace with a tear-stained face.

Lillian suddenly heard footsteps approaching. She looked up and saw a man walking towards her. He was tall and had a stern look on his face.

"I have seen the Duke," half-bowed the maid holding her with sadness.

'This should be my father,' Lillian thought to herself, recalling the title her mother was called by the maids. She expected him to hate her since her mother had died giving birth to her, but to her surprise, he had a gentle and sad look in his teary eyes.

"Lillian Goldenswear, my daughter," he said as he picked her up gently from the maid's arms. "Welcome to the world. Just know your mother and I love you so much."

As her father held her, Lillian felt something strange. It was a warm feeling she had never felt in her lonely past life.

After that, her father was summoned by the king for urgent matters, despite his unwillingness, he still had to obey.

Lillian was taken by the maid from before, called Lamia, to a pink decorated room to be put in a crib. As a newborn baby, her mobility was very much restricted.

Suddenly, it was as if a fog was lifted from her memory, and her past life memories became clearer after recovering from the shock of everything that had happened so far. She happened to think of the usual status windows that existed in these types of reincarnation clichés, and to her surprise, it actually appeared before her eyes.

Name: Lillian Goldenweaver

Age: 0 (+17)

Level: 0

Titles: Duke's Daughter, Sword Genius, Magic Genius, Reincarnated from Another World

Stats: Stamina - 4 / HP - 10 / MP - 100 / Luck - 50

Skills: Translator, Appraisal

It was all clear to her now.

She had been reincarnated into another world. She was no longer the person she used to be. She was now Lillian, the daughter of Duke Goldenswear, and she seems to also have magical powers. She looked up at the ceiling and smiled, trying to forget her minutes-acquaintanced mother.

With those thoughts, Lillian closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, the sound of Lamia humming a lullaby in the background.