Quite Like That

It's a quiet evening in the lonesome tundra. With an orange sky flowing beautifully across the cold white blanket of fluffy snow. Cold winds grace through the air with a chilling touch. In this sea of snow sits a manor, a grand house of fine wood, stone, and smooth glass. Out on a balcony sits two people. Ranboo, sitting with a book in hand, is reading of a fantastic journey and powerful dragons. To their left sits Tubbo, gazing into the distant horizon, zoned out and admiring the sunset. The chill winds don't bother the two, Tubbo in his thick, green coat with warm fur on the inside. Ranboo in their usual formal suit but their skin is unbothered by the cold, the end is cold, and thus their skin is tolerant to it. Evenings like this are common in this household. The three of them; Tubbo, Ranboo, and Micheal, sit out and watch the sunset quite often. Micheal, today was exceptionally tired, and was tucked into bed early leaving the two some rare alone time this evening.

A gust swipes through the air, Tubbo shivers in its chill. Ranboo notices and leans closer to him, extending their hand. Tubbo's hand joins theirs, and there the two sit, hand in hand.

"Would you like some more tea dear?" Tubbo asks, noticing Ranboo's empty glass on the table next to them.

"No thank you, I'm fine."

They smile at each other. Ranboo marks their page and closes the book, setting it gently on the table and gazes at the sunset with Tubbo. A beautiful pallet of orange and purple paint the sky, the sun is beginning to dip beneath the horizon. Just over that horizon a few years ago, Tubbo and Ranboo as well as many others had braved an extraordinary journey and fought a most brutal war for the now defeated nation of L'manburg. It all seems so fascinating to Ranboo, that not that long ago Tubbo was involved in a war. Their mind begins to race, Tubbo never really talks about what happened. Only ever bringing up the beginnings of the revolution and his brief time as president, which Ranboo was present for. Tommy loves to brag about the glory and triumph of it all, but Tubbo has never shared. Ranboo looks back at Tubbo, who is still so fondly staring at the sky. Ranboo smiles at how adorable he is. But the feeling dampens when they glance at his scar. Ranboo always wondered if the huge burn scar across his face was why he never talks about the war.

Soon Tubbo notices Ranboo's gaze and meets his eyes with theirs. They both smile, Ranboo lets out an awkward chuckle.

"What? Is there something you want dear?" Tubbo is so sweet and genuine.

Ranboo smiles again,

"Nothing... Well actually..."

Tubbo looks at them puzzled.

"I uh... um... I just wanted to uh..."

"What is it dear?"

"I just was wondering uh..."

"It's ok, what do you need?"

Tubbo smiles. Ranboo grips his hand tighter and finally gets the words out.

"I have been meaning to ask, supposing you don't mind me asking. Just I have always wondered since I notice it a lot, not in a bad way but just-"

"Honey, it's ok. What's on your mind?"

Ranboo sighs and continues.

"I wanted to ask about your scar, the burn mark on your face. If you don't mind answering of course, what like... what happened?"

Tubbo looks at them for a second, hesitating.

"It's fine if you don't want to talk about it, sorry for asking."

"No no." Tubbo gives Ranboo a comforting embrace.

In their arms he says,

"It's ok. It's about time I told the story."