prologue

«A thousand moments I have taken for granted—»

granted—»

___________________________

I tilted my head to look at him into the driver's seat. He showed me his sweetest smile like always. The dimples have always looked most beautiful. I remember falling in love with them before I fell for him.

He moved his hand and kept on mine before squeezing it gently. "Don't worry, it will be alright," He said while moving my hand up to his lips and kissing it gently.

I smiled involuntarily. The assurance in his voice was enough to calm my heart. His touch has always worked wonders for me. He had held the power to calm down my worst storms.

"I love you."

I whispered while bending to the side and keeping my head over his shoulder. I could feel him smile as he moved our hands down and rested them on the gear.

"But, Aaru, with all honesty, what do you really think about it?" He asked.

"I want to know your views as well. They are important to me."

I stayed the same for a while, trying to gather the correct words. It was a painful thought to not see him or meet him for a couple of years, but I didn't want to hurt him. He has his dreams, and he should achieve it. I just want to be there with him to support him through all the hurdles.

I moved my head away to take a look at him.

"You going to London for higher education?" I asked. He gave a nod.

"I think... You were right when you said that."

"I mean, I definitely don't see a reason to get married hurriedly. We are still 25, and there is a lot to achieve. Of course, getting married is not an issue, but then..."

"It depends... We can get married once you complete your post graduation. It would be better that way. We would be well settled and mature, I guess."

I finished and watched him again. Only to get greeted with his sweetest smile. He bent slightly and quickly kissed me on lips before getting back and moving his eyes back to the road. He moved his hand to rest on my thigh, and my hand rested over his as I held it gently.

I smiled again as the talks continued normally. It was me most of the time, but he contributed too. The car moved along with the road. We had no clue where we were heading. It was our favourite thing. No maps, no plans. Just road, our car, and us. We let it take us wherever it wanted, but yes, sometimes it would make us go crazy to find our way back home. But it was all fun.

Today was our 6-month engagement anniversary. No, I find it stupid as well, but being stupid sometimes is fine. He is going away for 2 years in a few weeks, and I want to spend as much time as I could before that happens. I am nervous for us but excited for him. I know we can get through this, and when he comes back, I won't be ever letting him go anywhere.