I Wasn't The Main Character Of My Story

For once I had a thought that we can become more.....but I had it all wrong...

I-I became so selfish that I told her that she meant nothing to you but a woman who might be his second choice but never the one.. I was clueless, dumb that I thought that you are my rival but you and I were never on the same page

It was me who meant nothing to him

It was me who was his second choice??
Maybe I was nothing to him...

I got it all wrong..

For once I thought that it would be me who will be there for you every time
you needed to cry...

I got it all wrong....

What did I do wrong?

Was I never enough?...

I still remember the first time I saw you, it was mid of June, Middle school air was weird but it somehow became so refreshing..

Refreshing like it was never before your smile was too pure for this cruel world when you were talking with your other friends. I felt for someone for the first time in my life..

And it all started after this day.. I tried to get closer to you but could not. Until One day when we got into the same school club my life changed that day, just because I had you by my side.. As the days passed by we get to know each other, we became friends, and then best friends. It was September now when we got to hang out together for the first time alone I wanted to confess but thought that I would lose you if reject me there. I stayed quiet as it was nothing. You introduced me to your family as a best friend that you never had before "what was that for?''.

When we were in the last year of our middle school I remember we promised each other that ''no matter what hardships awaits we will stay together every time ''.

Were you clueless of what it meant?...

You taught me how to play guitar, I taught you how solve mathematics.

What's the point of everything?..

We used to hang out every weekend no matter whatever we had to left pending.

Have you forgotten everything this early?

I did not know how to cook but still made you a full course meal when we were studying together and you were hungry. You told me that you could eat this every day.

You lied at that time didn't you?..

Or maybe it was just me who felt this all.

Or maybe you made me feel special..

It was almost new year when you gave me a nickname ''Sawa'' it was the first time ever someone gave me a nickname.

When I got bullied for how I speak you helped me out and shut them all up. You offered me your hand to stand back on my feet when I was down on the floor. Everyone was staring at us saying we both look good together.

How did you never heard it??

When it was our last day of middle school you made another promise of getting into the same high school as me and you kept that promise , we went through different schools and gave their tests but the one your family wanted you to attend was the one in which I failed. I still remember how you fought so that you will be in the same high school as me.

Now I regret for why I made that promise.

I sometime wonder that if we never made that promise you would not have gotten into the same high school as me , you would never met her, Maybe you would have stayed by my side, maybe you would not have fallen for her, maybe if I had never introduced her to you. You would have remain my best friend.