14. Hide, don't look

The two have walking for a couple hours already and we're almost home, wich relieved them and at the same time made them a little sad that their fun days were done and that they would have to go back to being serious." Lan Zhan, when are we going to be able to put like this again?". He asked curiously. The older shrugged lightly, not knowing the answer himself." But we can do it again right?". He asked." Of course, if you wish". Replied Lan Zhan. Wei smiled as he looked behind to look at the beginning of the forest where he had seen a beautiful flower, but he quickly turned around and grabbed Lan Zhan by the arm and pushed him behind a bush Wich made the older fall on the ground, Wei Ying himself falling on top of Lan Zhan." Wei Ying". Said Lan startled from Wei Ying's action.

Wei Ying put his finger up to his mouth to i date him to be quiet, so Lan Zhan stopped talking and simply looked at him, still startled from the younger's action. After a couple of minutes Wei Ying carefully looked around as if searching to see if something or someone was gone. He slowly got up without making any noise. When he got up he stuck out his hand to Lan Zhan to help him get up, wich the older accepted but when he got back up on his feet, he didn't let go of his hand, he held it, tightly." Wei Ying, what is wrong?". He asked, obviously sensing that something was wrong. But rather than answering, the younger fell to the ground and started shaking, as if he was absolutely terrified.

Lan Zhan almost immediately crouched down next to him. He had no idea what was wrong but it had obviously effected the younger rather a lot so he had to comfort him, obviously couldn't just stand there." Wei Ying, you can tell me". He said, not understanding what was the matter wich frustrated him a lot, he wanted to help the younger but he had no idea what happens and how." I- i saw h-him". He said and started crying silently." Who?". Asked the older." W-Wen Zhuliu, you may know h-him as c-core melting h-hand". He answered. Lan Zhan looked at him, at first he was crying infused but when he realized who it was, he immediately got up to look around to see if he could still be here." Wei Ying, breathe, tell me what happened". He said, he now knew what was the cause of his fear but he still didn't know why the younger was so scared of him when he was such a powerful person himself.

Wei Ying looked up at him, he still hadn't told anybody that he no longer had a golden core, he was scared and ashamed that he had let himself go like that even tho he knew it wasn't his fault but he knew he would have to tell the other eventually, so he gathered up the courage and decided that it was best to tell him now." H-he, he took my c-core". Said Wei Ying as he let out a sob. Lan Zhan sat back down next to the younger and put his hand on his shoulder for comfort. He had no idea that such a thing had happened, sure it was confusing why Wei Ying no longer used his sword but everyone thought that he was just going thru some sort of rebellious phase. Lan Zhan felt bad for not thinking about the possibility of such a thing but he was glad that at least he knew now.

Lan Zhan hugged Wei Ying, he never liked seing the younger upset and always tried to comfort him and it meant a lot to the younger. He always enjoyed being in the arms of the older and now was no different, it greatly comforted him to be hugged by Lan Zhan." Thank you for telling me". Said Lan Zhan as he took Wei Ying by the hands and stood up, helping him stand up in the process and hugged him again once they were up on their feet." Lan Zhan, just don't tell anyone yet". Said the younger." I promise". Replied Lan Zhan, assuring him that he will infact never tell anyone until he says so." Lan Zhan, i think he's gone we should go now or we won't be able to enter because of curfew". Said Wei Ying after a couple of minutes of hugging each other." Ok, let's go". Answered Lan Zhan.

He took Wei Ying by the hand and they started walking together. After walking for some time, Wei Ying realized that he was still holding Lan Zhan's hand and blushed at the sight, and then he looked at Lan Zhan only to be startled when he saw Lan Zhan already looking directly at him. He got flustered and looked at the ground and Lan Zhan, embarrassed for being caught looking so blatantly looked away too with his cheeks becoming red. They continued walking and we're relieved to see the gates to cloud recesses and that they were still open. Once they got inside, they saw Lan Zhan's older brother and that he was walking their way." Hello Wangji and childe Wei, did you two have fun?". He asked." Hello xiongzhang". Said Lan Zhan as he slightly bowed." Hello Zewu-Jun, we did have fun thank you". Replied Wei Ying as he bowed." I'm glad to hear that, you two should go to bed as it's getting late, good night". He said and left the two alone.