INTRODUCTION

The figure stepped up onto the podium.
Not much was previously heard of this figure or the party they led, so the crowd was not anticipating anything.
The next few minutes would change their minds forever.
The leader tapped the microphone twice.
"You do not know much about us, but we know everything about you". Their voice was almost robotic, a flat, regulated tone which for some reason sent chills throughout the audience members. "We have read about each and every one of you sitting before me now. We know your addresses, phone numbers and the pin codes to every bank account in the country. But what for?"
It seemed that the crowd was thinking exactly the same thing. There was a lot of shaking heads and threats and curses being muttered under enraged breaths.
"To keep order, that's why. Peace. Happiness. Surveillance! We are a party which does not believe in crime or poverty, but wealth, success and general wellbeing. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do about that a our state of power. When we witness a crime we have no power to stop it. When we see beggars on the roadside literally on their knees asking us for money, we cannot do anything. We are powerless as a political party, But we will be so much stronger as a governmental party. We have everyone's information so we can track down criminals easier. But if we do not get elected, your lifestyle will be in the hands of somebody who is not at the highest position in our nation. Do you really want that?"
The audience seemed to take approval at this. At least they stopped shaking their heads.
"If you vote for us you will feel safe and you will be safe. We will be sure to get rid of everything that is bad with this place. We will listen to you and we will do as you say, as a real governmental party should. So hail the people and hail authority. Hail the police and hail the hospital. Hail surveillance and hail Harrisia".
These last words were echoed throughout the crowd. People rose from their seats shouting over and over, syllable after syllable, "HAIL HARRISIA! HAIL HARRISIA!" a shadow over a smile came over the figure's untrustworthy face. everything was going exactly to plan, and he knew that very well.