Chapter 11- Raindrops

Sapphire pov

Fear. It was the one thing that you felt shoot through your body as the Grimm lets out its ear-piercing screech. You glanced over at everyone else and saw each and every one of them have a mix of fear and determination on their face. It wasn't the size of the Grimm or the weapons sticking out of its back that made you so scared, it was the fact that the upper body looked so human while looking inhuman at the same time, the boney long arms and the stretched humanoid face, and those glowing eyes that feel like they are staring right into your soul.

Ruby: Stay close! We can't let it try and take us out one by one.

Following the command of Ruby, you all quickly stand close and ready your weapons. But the Grimms attention turns away from you all and instead focuses on Qrow, who sits alone against the tree. The upper body of the Grimm suddenly goes limp as it the horse part starts running straight for him.

Olivia: Its going for Qrow!

You watch as Jaune sheathes his sword and runs as fast as possible to Qrow. The Grimm seemingly takes a note of this as the upper body suddenly comes back to life again, swinging its arms in the direction of Jaune in an attempt to grab him, only for Jaune to avoid just in time and get a hold of Qrow, throwing him over his shoulder much to the discomfort of the huntsman. Noticing the Grimm charging for Qrow and Jaune, you reach into your quiver and switch one of the arrow heads into an unstable fire crystal. You take a deep breath to steady yourself before you transfrom your weapon into its bow form and fire off the arrow into the side of the equine's head. The second the arrow makes contract with its head, the crystal ruptures and causes a small compact explosion, sending the Grimm off course straight into the sakura tree. Using this moment to his advantage, Ren uses his semblance on Jaune and Qrow to hide them from the Grimms senses, which seems to lose its focus on the two, looking around in confusion.

Ren: Get him to safety, quickly!

Jaune gives Ren an affirmative nods as he wanders off with Qrow while the Grimm turns its attention now to the five of you, letting out another ear piercing screech before charging straight at all of you. The second its within reach of you all, the upper body stretches out its arms in an attempt to grab who ever it can get, only for you all to leap away from its grip and fire shot after shot at it, making its attention constantly turn between all of you.

Sapphire: Don't let it grab you! we can't risk it getting the upperhand!

You quickly knock a new arrow on your bow, this one loaded with a ice crystal and fire it att one of the arms on the Grimm, causing it to freeze for a second before the Grimm breaks through the ice, much to your dismay. Looking over you watch as Jaune returns from wherever he had safely stored away Qrow and joins the battle once more.

Jaune: Guys, keep moving, go in a circle!

You all nod and do as he says, moving quickly into a circle formation around the Grimm to make sure it can't try and attack two of you at the same time. As you all keep its attention away from each other, you notice Jaune suddenly sheath his sword.

Ruby: (to Jaune) What are you doing?

Jaune looks over at Ruby and gives her a smirk as he raises the sheath sword, watching as the sheath extends into a longer version of the blade before Jaune charges back in to attack the Grimm. Jaune thrusts his blade straight into the side of the Grimm, driving it deep before pulling it back to avoid an incoming swing. The Grimm suddenly started swinging its arms frantically, almost as if it realized it was outnumbered in the situation. The Equine half slams its front legs into the ground, causing dirt to be knocked up and straight at all of you from the force, temporarily blinding you all.