After || One Direction Zombie AU

After

Louis took a long drag of his precious cigarette while looking off into the distance. It's been six months, two weeks, and three days since it all started. Since everyone gave up, succumbed, became one of Them; The Infected.

A few lurkers wandered in the parking lot in front of Louis, not much of a threat. Lurkers retained fragments of their memory, often going the places that reminded them of Before.

BLAM, BLAM, BLAM.

Louis flinched as he watched the Lurkers drop to the ground one by one, brain matter spraying onto the asphalt.

"Jesus Christ! Are you nuts? Here come the Biters, you idiot!" Louis yelled in his friend's face.

"Fuckin' bullshit. No shop in town has any Marlboro Red." Zayn scratched at the scruff on his face, brow furrowing angrily.

"Cigs are the least of your worries." Louis sighed, flicking his own to the ground and crushing it with the heel of his boot. The boys swiftly ran towards their car and sped off towards the north.

Before

"I'm home!" Zayn yelled out, throwing his jacket onto a nearby table along with his set of keys. "In here." A soft voice beckoned and Zayn's eyes searched the small two bedroom apartment that he shared. It wasn't much but they had heating and electricity, which was fine by the two boys.

By the window sill, Louis was perched reading a worn copy of Ulysses and sipping on some tea. "It's so bloody moldy out, Z." Louis whined, resting his head against the large window that looked over London.

"When has it ever been nice out?" Zayn laughed, grabbing a cold water bottle from the fridge and plopping himself onto the plush sofa.

He worked as a successful art dealer around the more urban areas of the city. Art was one of Zayn's few passions although his family was disappointed when they learned of his career choice. They expected the boy to become a renowned doctor, curing diseases and solving great medical mysteries.

When Louis suffered from a horrible break up, Zayn took him in but couldn't build up the courage to kick Lou out. Lou was like a puppy, innocent and cute although occasionally shit on the carpet. Kidding.

At around Midnight, Louis jolted awake in a cold sweat. He was snuggled next to Zayn on the couch, he figured they both must have fallen asleep watching late night movies.

"Zayn! Fix the god damn television." Louis whispered-yelled, a shiver running up his spine from the noise blaring through the speakers. Zayn rubbed his blurry eyes and slipped on his thick, black frames. He took a moment to read the screen and punched Louis' shoulder.

"It's just an emergency test, you twat." Zayn reached for the remote, turned off the TV, and began to walk towards his bedroom. His feet shuffled across the wood floor loudly, but not as loud as the yelp that Louis produced.

Outside, the sound of smashing glass and screaming echoed throughout the streets. Cars alarms started to blare and sirens began whirling by. Louis sprang up from the sofa and padded toward the large window. "Oh my god." He sharply inhaled and brought a shaky hand to his mouth.

A.N.

Okay guys I have more written but I'm not sure when to upload. Tell me if you like it I guess and there might be slight gore, and defintely language okay thank you bye ♡