The Job of a Lifetime

Chapter 10..
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

This is the start of a new life ahead of us..

we arrived at the pizzaplex, a mile away from where we lived. The place was huge, as well as the parking lot. thank god it wasn't as busy since it was the weekday.

we walked up to the front desk to buy our passes and asked about application registrations. The woman at the desk told us that they were accepting it upfront, and we were lucky since their boss was in the office today. She kindly led us to the office and we were greeted by a man in a purple suit. he looked to be like a jolly old Santa but in purple, as he sat behind the desk.

"Sir Arlo! good too see you again, boss! I cant believe you manage this place now." Annie exclaimed, reaching her hand out to shake his hand.

"good to see you again, Annie! I see you've brought the girl you've been talking a lot about." He chuckled as he returned the hand shake. He then turned to look at me as he offered a handshake to me as well. "I'm Mr. Arlo Hartley, but Sir Arlo is fine." He greeted with a warm smile.

"it's nice to meet you, Sir Arlo. I've heard wonderful things about you." I returned the handshake as we all sat down.

"that's very nice to hear. Now, I see that both of you are intending on working here, and I would like to interview both of you separately. So.. who would like to go first?" He looked between the two of us before I spoke up.

"may I go first? if you wouldn't mind.." I smiled softly, looking back between Annie And Sir Arlo. He nodded in agreement and told Annie to wait outside. She then followed as I heard the door slowly shut behind me.

"Alright, so tell me Y/n. why do you want to work here?"

"well, Annie recommended me to work here. and seeing as there is a daycare in this establishment, I was even more thrilled and wanted to try it out."

"I see.. now I'm going to ask you this as per company policy. Do you know about the rumors surrounding the franchises name?"

"well.. a lot of people talked about it back at my home town but I never really put any mind to it. You can never trust rumors, The truth will always get twisted up to sound more interesting most times.."

"hm.. And what if those rumors were true? what would you do?"

"well.. nothing really.. I mean, it was back in 1980, wasn't it? The killer would have probably been dead at this point. And honestly, its none of my business, and I have no interest in uncovering those mysteries. "

"okay, that is good to hear. Now you said that you liked the daycare. Do you have any experience in working in that criteria?"

"oh indeed. I worked as a daycare staff in our hometown and it was the only daycare in the entire town, so it gets pretty hectic during the weekdays."

"well.. That sound pretty good. You'd be a great addition to the daycare staff in this establishment. Just finish these paperwork and you are good to start training by tomorrow." Arlo smiled as he stood up to give the documents. he looked back at me with a big smile and offered to shake my hand once more.

"Thank you so much, Sir Arlo! This might be the job of a life time.. I promise I will not let you down!" I Grinned as I shook his hand once more.

"don't forget to submit it at the reception. you can call Annie in now." He smiled back as I stood up and walked over to the door.

"Thank you again, sir!" I said as I closed the door behind me. Annie was sitting at a nearby lounge area, on her phone. Once I called her over, her eyes widened as a smile grew on her face. she approached me and gave me a small kiss on the cheek.

"how was it, sunshine? did you get in?" She anticipated. I giggled back in response and hugged her tight.

"yep! I got in! now I just have to fill out this paperwork and ill be good to work by tomorrow!" I chuckled giddily.

"I'm so proud of you sunshine! I'm guessing its my turn then? hehe.. I'll see you later, sweetheart." Annie said as she gave me one final kiss then entered the room.

As soon as I heard the door click, I sat down and started to work on the paperwork. It only took me a couple of minutes before finishing up. It seemed like Annie was taking a while, so I took out my phone. My eyes widened in shock as I saw a text from.. Y/b/n.. It stated.

"hey... how are you..? I hope you're doing well. And.. I'm sorry for saying all of those things back at home. I never meant to say any of that, and I hope that you can forgive me."

My eyes started to water as I read his message. There was more to it and it was practically a whole paragraph saying how sorry he was and how he regretted everything that he had ever done. I knew he was being truthful as he doesn't opens up and admits his wrongdoings often. But when he does, you know that he's actually telling the truth, cause he will beg and do anything for you, until you've actually forgiven him.

I texted him back, telling him what was on my mind, and how I felt. safe to say that after this conversation, we'll be back to speaking terms again. And I think he got the memo on not to hit on Annie anymore, when I told him that I was finally dating her. now he's taking all the credit and saying that he was the reason why we got together in the first place. WHY THE FUCK Y/B/N-

"hey! I got everything cleared out and I'm part of the security staff now- uh.. hey.. are you okay?" Annie looked at me with worry as she approached. my eyes were puffy from the crying but I looked agitated. I jumped in surprised as I heard Annie call out to me.

"o-oh! y-yea I'm fine! I just- uh- got something in my eye. yea! that's it. hehe.." I smiled awkwardly, as Annie gave me a concerned look but brushed it off. "I'm guessing you finally got that text from y/b/n?" she chuckled as she sat down next to me and started on filling in the paperwork.

My eyes widened in shock. "wait- how did you know??"

"well, he texted me first asking for forgiveness. giving me a whole ass paragraph. I said ill forgive him but he has to earn my trust back. forgive but never forget~ he of course understood, and he told me he was gonna text you about it too. I swear your brother really is a weird kid. we was even offering to do all kinds of shit just to get me to forgive him." She chuckled

I sighed as I laughed aloud. "well.. That's y/b/n for you."

we just sat in silence as Annie continue to finish up her paperwork. Once she was done, we both headed to the receptionist and handed in our forms. they gave us the thumbs up and we were free to go.

I sighed out in relief "Finally all of that is done! we can finally enjoy ourselves for a while~ maybe- this could be a little date?" I suggested to Annie as a grin formed on my face.

She just chuckled as she nodded. "hey, we're killing two birds with one stone. we get to know the place's layout more, while we have fun~"

"ooo why don't we get lunch to celebrate?" I stated as I started skipping down the hallway to the main area.

"that sounds like a great idea, sunshine. haha.. I swear you are too cute~" Annie chuckled as she admired y/n's adorable antics.

"That settles it then! Let's go date night!" I giggled as I took Annie's hand, dragging her with me as we ran through the halls of the pizzaplex. This is gonna be the best day ever!

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*