Prologue

One hand was scrolling through her phone and the other hand was holding the long-forgotten black coffee which was on the verge of slipping from her pale, bony-edged fingers.

The old smart phone was radiating the words that Kim Dokja was unable to comprehend.

[But one thing is certain. The fact that if you are reading this you'll survive the game.

-The survival throne]

-The end

This was the last sentence she saw in the end chapter of the web novel platform -The survival throne.

"What?!" She gasped which sounded more like as someone told her that earth was flat.

"Kim Dokja-ssi."

Kim Dokja turned to her now new seat mate who was looking at her as if to ask why she sounded so shocked.

"Yoo Sang-" Her new seat partner shoved his hand in front of her mouth preventing her from shouting his name in reflex.

"Kim Dokja-ssi! Why are you hyper-reacting?" The man hissed at her before removing his hand back.

"Ah! Yoo Sangha-ssi..... Sorry, I was just not expecting you here."

"Hmm ... so may I have the owner to know who you were expecting...?" The said guy pointed his index at the clock on the grey wall which was indicating the time, 11:45 pm "...and at this time."

Kim Dokja turned her head upwards in the direction where his office colleague Yoo Sangha was pointing. She licked her lips in embarrassment.

Yoo Sangha, the HR head of the company -Minosoft who has gained his position through his hard work and optimism, is here sitting and looking at her with concern written on his face for her friend's midnight reading habits.

" Sorry, Sa-" Before she could complete her words and come up with new excuses to run away from this same awkward situation, her friend interrupted her by holding her black coffee in front of her.

"I bet you have forgotten about this too."

Kim Dokja quickly took the coffee back and gulped it in one go. Yoo Sangha chuckled at her cute antics and gazed at her phone.

"So, the novel has already ended."

Yoo Sangha was not only her colleague or the HR department head. He was also a friend to her. 'Friend ', a word that sounded so foreign to her yet captivating, she even thinks that 'how did we even become one '. He was a friend to her yet she kept things within her safe in a dark corner fearing that someone might take a look at it but despite knowing the fact Yoo Sangha never persuaded her, he was fine with it. And that disturbs her. Yoo Sangha knew about her hobby of reading web novels which was more like an obsession, an obsession that forced her to survive in this cruel world.

"Yes and the shocking part is that both of us are dead." Yoo Sangha rolled his eye at this remark.

It was not oh! So shocking for him as he knew about this mediocre web novel which was practically using their names, say it a coincidence or not but he finds it... unusual. 'Yoo Sangha ' the illegitimate child of the emperor and the forgotten second prince who is the stepbrother of the so-called crown prince 'Yoo Joonghyuk' is assassinated at the banquet of his step-sister's birthday party and that too in the first chapter of TST ( The Survival Throne ). It was like, the author of this novel has some personal grudge against him and ...that just didn't end up with him but also with his friend. 'Kim Dokja' the stupid villainess of the novel who disgraced her family name used others for her selfish needs and also desperately clinging to her obsession, 'Lee Seolhwa'. Come to think of it this web novel was tagged as Gl and Bl too. Anyways... 'Lee Seolhwa' was non-other than your beautiful female lead who is the love interest of the crown prince. A typical romance story anyone would think that should be fitted to read by the age group between 13 to 17 years girls. But it had one thing that differentiates this web novel from others. The scenarios, dokkeabi, constellation, outer gods, and much more, the writings were good and there were so many interesting but boring plots, which was the downfall of this novel.

The Survival Throne is a third-rate novel one would ignore and leave it behind but Yoo Sangha knows that Kim Dokja is not your normal reader.

"Wasn't I dead already?"

"Yes ... but it seems that I am also dead and the thing is that even at the end she remained stupid". Yoo Sangha quietly snickered.

"But I like one thing about her." Kim Dokja looked at him as if to ask 'like seriously'.

"Hey!" Yoo Sangha raised his hands in defense "At least she was loyal and dedicated."

"Her loyalty and dedication got her nothing and at the end she died due to her stupid beliefs and loyalty toward that bastard." Yoo Sangha shut his mouth. There is one thing you should know about her, never argue with her regarding her favorite novel until you are an avid reader like her.

"You know what, a first-class kid can write a better ending than this practical crap."

This novel was the one that brought them together and now it's ended. Yoo Sangha didn't complete the novel. It was a pure coincidence that he came across this novel but at the start of the first chapter he was disappointed and dropped it but it was Kim Dokja who continued reading this novel and that's how they first time met not physically but virtually at this web novel platform. One thing leads to another and they are now friends.

"So, this is the ending."

Kim Dokja glanced at Yoo Sangha "Hmm... I guess."

"This novel is unusual, should I ask the author to compensate us for using our name ..." Yoo Sangha glanced at her back. ".. And thank them for uniting us." Dokja smirked knowingly.

"Then I'll be wishing to read the epilogue."

"And I'll be wishing that this epilogue never ends."

They both smiled and together they rushed towards the exit of the Minosoft leaving behind the office break room. The whole building was quiet and serene at night no shouting, no chit-chatting, no workload of paper; it's just them.

"Anyways ... it's late now, should I drop you?"

"No thanks. I'll grab the train."

"Hah! It's not fruitful to argue with you, so shall we leave or do you want to sit in the office break room for another extra hour."

"Obviously, no." Yoo Sangha snickered at that.

With that, they separated their ways and both walked to their path to reach their destination with only one thing in their mind.

'The Epilogue '.

_______

"Where the hell am I?"

___Author's note_____

This fanfic is beta-read by my besties. It's also availabe in another platform like AO3 (Archive of your own)

As a first fanfic that I dared to post on another platform, I'm cringing at my own writings. I'll just come back after another cringing shits. Comment and like.