Cursed

There she was, standing in the forest, her white dress clinging against her, her eyes glowing white. In her hand, she had a dagger, its outline visible against the white of her dress.

As they approached, she backed away like a frightened animal, maintaining distance while begging them to stay away, to try and save themselves before it was too late. They refused to listen, continuing to move closer, the only thing on their mind was their concern for the girl, who they had grown quite close to over the past few months.

The girl tried to maintain control, but every second closer to midnight made it more difficult for her to remain in control. They saw wounds appear on her skin, large cuts that coloured her pristine white dress a scarlet red.

They noticed that the glow in her eyes diminished a little, and the girl shot all of them a pleading look.

"Go, before midnight, go! Don't worry about me, go, I'll explain everything tomorrow, just go! Now!"

The girl knew she wouldn't make the morning, but she didn't want them to see what was about to happen, she didn't want them to have to live with that. If they left now, they would think she had run away if she didn't show up, they might search for her, but they wouldn't find her, they wouldn't find out what had been happening to her, and they wouldn't blame themselves for not noticing sooner.

They, however, refused to leave, seeing the girl was in pain, and not wanting her to suffer anymore. And, seeing that her eyes started to glow again, they ran towards her, to keep her from running, to keep her from having to suffer alone, to keep her safe.

But, when they reached the place she had been standing, she had already disappeared, leaving only a few droplets of blood behind. They looked around, trying to find any trace from the girl, but finding none.

The girl appeared again, deep within the forest, far away from them. Her eyes were glowing a bright white as her curse started to work, started to slowly take control, and dangerous thoughts flooded her mind.

The curse had been put on her a long time ago, for a reason she had long since forgotten. She was reaching the point where she couldn't maintain control anymore, her own mind was losing the battle and soon her will wouldn't be strong enough to hold the curse back anymore.

That's why she had brought the dagger, to make sure the curse wouldn't gain the upper hand, to make sure she wouldn't hurt another soul again.

So, when she felt the curse about to gain control, she plunged the dagger into her own heart, ending the curse by ending her life.

They heard her fall to the ground, and rushed over, only to find that there was nothing there, nothing but a bloody dagger lying in a puddle of blood. One of them fell to his knees, nothing but despair visible on his eyes as he looked at the dagger. He recognized it, he had been the one who had given it to her, for her to protect herself when he couldn't.

The others were torn, torn between consoling him or searching her, to find out what happened to her. In the end, they decided to find her, so they helped him up and started looking around the clearing, trying to find any sign of her, but it was like she had gone up in smoke.

They continued searching, all throughout the next day, but when night fell again, they still hadn't found anything, and they had to stop searching, no matter how much they wanted to find her, they wouldn't be any help to her if they were starving and exhausted.

She had watched all of them, watched as he cried for her, watched as they searched unsuccessfully for any sign of her, and watched as they finally left, promising to continue searching the next day. She watched them leave, torn between guilt for leaving them behind and relief that her curse wouldn't bother her anymore.

Then, when she was sure they had gone, she left, knowing He would be waiting to take her to the Underworld, where she would reside until her soul was once again called to earth to fulfil its destiny, to suffer for eternity, caught in an endless loop of life and death, and life again.