Why Lie?

Once upon a time, there was a kingdom named Whispering Moons. The Empress Annabeth ruled quite fairly, allowing everyone to be able to live in peace. She allowed witches, warlocks, and even fauns have a place in her kingdom.

Now, Empress Annabeth also had rules. Gates were to be closed by sunset, opened back up at sunrise, another was any new arrivals in the kingdom were to be escorted to her. The most important ones were a little bit, well, odd to other kingdoms. The first one was that she asked that whenever a subject was pregnant, they were to have a meeting with the Empress. On most occasions, the Empress made arrangements for them to stay in the hospital wing or in her castle to make sure they were healthy. The second was that to get married, you would have to ask her for her blessing. She always blessed them, no matter who was getting married. The last was strange to even her. If you promised a witch your first born, the witch was allowed to have the child, but also let it see its family. 

When a young couple came into the kingdom, they were quickly escorted to the Empress. The lady, Mrs. Sadie Potts, and her husband, Mr. Johnathan Potts, were gladly welcomed. Unknown to the Empress, Mrs. Potts was pregnant and they were running away from two witches, whom they both had promised their first child. Yet, unknown to them, the two witches lived in Empress Annabeth's kingdom. 

Months later, Mrs. Potts gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. The Empress was happy for them, only a little mad for them not informing her. But, just as the little boy, whom the couple named Alexander, opened his eyes, a green smoke filled the room. As the smoke had cleared, two forms came into view. Both witches. The tallest one had short brown hair and goldish eyes, she wore a black dress with small stars, and boots. The second, obviously shorter, had more blondeish hair, browner eyes, and wore a pink dress with flowers along with sandles. 

"Stay away from the boy, he's mine, Mora." said the shorter of the two, Hazel Lee.

"I was promised their first born, not you, Lee ." said Aime Mora.

The couple were too horrified to say a word, so they quickly left with Alexander.

Yet the argument went on for an hour, until finally Empress Annabeth suggested they share custody.

"With that thing? Never," responded Hazel.

"Come on, girls, you two cannot fight one another. Rule 23, no fighting." Empress Annabeth stated.

"Fine, I'll share custody with Lee," Aime stated at last.

The Empress sent a messenger to tell the couple, and they were devastated to lose their first child. The messenger reasurred them that they could always see the child, but never have custody.