Date Night Part 3: Distractions

Your eyes slowly open and your body lets out a huge yawn while you stretch your arms. You sit up, when suddenly you feel like you are hit by a train. The events of last night and the mental image of Tzuyu crying quickly floods back into your mind, and looking over to see Sana is also gone didn't help. You get up and freshen up in the bathroom.

As you leave the bedroom, you find Sana in the kitchen making eggs. You walk up behind her and place your hands on her hips while leaning your face over her shoulder.

"Mmmmm it smells so good," you moan. "What inspired you to make breakfast today?"

She doesn't respond, her face locked onto the pan in her hands.

"Sanaaaaaa?"

She ignores you again and turns off the heat before walking over to the counter and transferring the eggs to a plate.

"Sana? What's wrong?" you ask again.

"Hmmph," she pouts. "So you also don't like when someone is hiding something from you?"

You walk up behind her and turn her around. She was glaring at you, however, you couldn't help but find her extremely cute. You put your hands on her hips again.

"What do you mean hiding something? I'm not hiding anything."

She scoffs at your response. "And now you have the audacity to lie to my face?" she snaps. "You've never treated me like this before, I don't like it."

That last line felt like a dagger, you could hear the sorrow in her voice. It almost felt like she slapped you, but the slap would have probably hurt less.

"Alright, will you give me a chance to explain everything?"

She crosses her arms, still glaring at you, waiting for you to proceed. You give her a quick summary of everything that happened while she listens intently. After you finish explaining, she drops her hands to her side and her eyes start to well up.

"Two weeks? You've been dating for a whole two weeks without telling me?"

"Well, Tzuyu didn't want to tell everyone yet," you explain. "I was just following her wishes."

"Following her wishes?" Sana retaliates. "Were you following her wishes when you moved in with me?"

"I... I asked her if she was fine with it..." you respond weakly.

"I'm such an idiot," Sana whimpers, tears streaming down her face. "No wonder Tzuyu has been distant with me these last few days."

"Wait, Sana, it's not your fault," you say while reaching to wipe her eyes.

"Don't touch me!" she cries. "I ruined everything."

"Sana you did not ruin everything, please," you try reasoning with the girl.

"I-I did," she stammers before hugging you and sobbing heavily into your chest. "Tzuyu probably hates me."

You squeezed the hysterical girl while rubbing her back.

"She doesn't hate you, Sana, she doesn't hate you."

"It's different when we're just sleeping together," she says quietly into your chest. "But this isn't fair to Tzuyu's feelings. I'm so sorry."

"If anyone is to blame, it's me," you affirm. "Not you."

"I sent the message," she sniffled.

"And I opened it."