Haldi

AUTHOR■

It is Sameer and Haya's haldi function. The house is decorated with yellow flowers, lights and is full of people

Haya is wearing a yellow gharara , Sameer a yellow kurta with white lower and Umeed a yellow lehenga with her dupatta draped on the side.

After a lot of hurdles, misunderstandings Sameer and Haya were finally together and Umeed could not stop being on cloud nine because Haya and Sameer were getting their happiness.

Umeed's chai café which she had opened on a small scale was running successfully and earning profits. She had started to save the money to buy a bigger piece of land in a marketplace. She was happy with the baby steps she was taking and their success seemed to grant her more happiness than the money that came into her life supported by lots of lies.

Umeed was putting and extra effort to dress up today because Farjaad was coming to the function and she will be meeting him after a whole week because he had gone to a business trip to Dubai which he couldn't be avoided. Even he didn't like staying away from Umeed.

After Umeed is completely ready she immeditely picks up her phone and snaps a photo of her yellow bangles and sends it to Farjaad...

Umeed

Kitni der intezaar ??

Farjaad
M

ain toh milne ke liye betaab hoon..apni dost se poochho uski hi taiyyari khatam nahi ho rahi

Umeed
M

imi ko kuchh mat kaho

Farjaad
Achha ab apni dost ko defend kar rahi ho toh tab tak ek photo toh bhej do atleast mera intezaar kam kardo..

Umeed
Ji nahi
Bye. Chachi bula rahi hai

Umeed leaves her phone on the bed and rushes outside to help chachi.

***

Farjaad arrives and notices Umeed dancing with her back to him.. he stands their still absorbing whole of her.. He notices how her natural curls were bouncing while she was dancing. He always thought Umeed didn't appreciate her curls enough because she would always be eager to get them straightened but he loved them.. They were just like Umeed's personality twisted and beautiful. His eyes shift down and he captures the site of her waist peeking from the dupatta and before he could think anything else Umeed notices him standing there in yellow kurta and dhoti... she had never seen him in a desi outfit and it was the most beautiful sight to ever exist.