5| 𝗄𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗁𝖾𝗋

↢ꕀꕺ♥︎♡♥︎ꕺꕀ↣

↢ꕀꕺ♥︎♡♥︎ꕺꕀ↣

Many people often use the words "I promise" in order to comfort someone, it's what they use to give them the reassurance they want.

I'm one of the people who don't use it, those two words scare me, they've always have. I feel a burning hatred for those two words, because I was told those words too.

Before my parents died they both said "I promise" at least once to me, and it was always about the same thing. They always promised me that I would  be ok, or that we would be ok, they'd promise me that nothing would happen to us, yet here I am.

After the day they both passed I never uttered those words to anyone, because I never wanted someone to feel the same way I felt after I realized they were just lies made to comfort me.

And with Siyun, his case would be no different.

"What...?" I was shocked not expecting to hear those words when I answered the phone. "Aunt Rytara is already aware of the situation, she wanted me to tell you directly so you can decide what we do from here," he explained to me.

I was still not fully processing this all yet, but I knew I needed to hear more. "Where is he?" I ask eagerly and a bit angrily, "he's all the way out in New York, he's been hiding there and been taking loans to survive out there," he explains.

"Not very surprised," I sigh, "Well anyways thank you Finn, this means a lot, I'll send you the money for your work just make sure to text me everything you found," I say and he just hums in response. And just like that my phone vibrates. All the information, I had it all.

"I'll talk to you soon, bye Finn," I responded as I sent him the money, hanging up.

Finn was my cousin, the son of my dead uncle who passed away a few years ago due to cancer.

Finn, who's now under the care of my aunt, was a high school drop out, but he didn't graduate. He was a smart kid, smarter than any adult or kid could dream to be.

My phone rings again this time it was Finn but my Aunt, "hello Auntie, I assume you're calling about Finn," I say into the phone.

"Yes, I'm guessing he told you already then?" She asks in a more rhetorical tone, I hum in agreement.

"So what would you like to do? I will follow with whatever you request," she exclaims, I smile slightly into the phone. The thought of my aunt supporting me through this all made my worries fade so quick.

"I-" I start but I stop myself, do I really know what I want to do?

I don't want to leave all the friends I made, I don't want to leave Siyun. I hated the idea of saying goodbye, but I knew I was going to have to sooner or later.