Chapter One Part 1: Birth Of Rose

Little girls mother's POV.

I waddle around looking like a swelled mushroom. I grown and my husband rushes over and helps me. I smile at him. He was always the helpful person. He always knew what to say and when to say it. But when we found out I was with child I don't think either of us was ready. But we knew that taking the life wasn't an option. He handed me back the bucket of water and I walked over and I set the bucket down and watered all the animals. We were getting ready for the winter. Everything has to be stocked before the snow comes. I felt a kick and I smiled. And then I felt another kick but harder. As that happened I felt a liquid run down my leg. I screamed and everyone looked at me.

"The baby's coming!" I yelled and almost everyone in the village rushed to action. My husband helped me to the house along with the other women grabbing a fresh bucket of water and blankets as well. I screamed and screamed in pain. It was a never ending breath and push. I laid in my bed waiting for hours until finally the baby was ready. I breathed and then pushed, breathed then pushed. I had to repeat the process over and over again.

Finally I heard a scream and I knew the baby was out. I smiled wanting an ready to know whether if I had a little boy or girl. I looked at my husband and he smiled. one of the women handed the child to him. he looked at me.

"Its a girl" he said and he walked over and handed me the little girl. I smiled. I looked around and everyone was smiling. Kept on giving me compliments.

"What are you gonna name her?" I looked and saw a young women. No older then 19 maybe 20. I smiled at her and looked down at the little girl who was starring right at me.

"What do you think, honey?" I looked at my husband and he started thinking.

"Maybe, Rose? I mean that is our favorite flower along with the fact that she wont stop starring at the roses" i looked at her and she was. Starring right at the roses. I smiled.

"Perfect. who knows, maybe her favorite flower will be a rose." I looked at her and her eyes seemed to have this gleam to them. I smiled.

"I think we just made ourselves the luckiest parents alive" my husband said and then my daughter smiled and giggles a little.

I smiled at her as I saw she was getting tired as well. I love this little one so much. As she soon fell asleep she was out like a light.

"I do believe we have ourselves a very pretty daughter. Also, have our hands full" my husband said and we both laughed. I handed our daughter to the youngest girl there and she set her in the little bed we had for her. I smiled and i moved and laid down. I looked outside the window and i saw the snow starting to fall.

"Not the greatest timing tho" one of the elder women said. I looked at her with a scowl. I propped myself on my elbow and said

"Your right it wasn't the greatest timing... It was the PERFECT timing" She looked over at me and she didn't say another word. She and all the other girls except the youngest one, left the room.

The young girl started singing a lullaby. it was one I knew. Sang to me when I was little .I realized where I knew the girl from. I had watched her when she was just a babe. I smiled and laid down. I watched the young girl sing my daughter a lullaby and soon I felt my husband lay down beside me and we fell asleep listening to a lullaby.