Two Heroes Special! Final Act: Weight Of The World!

-NOTE:  Not every alien will have their pictures show due to Wattpads 20 max image rule.  Dunno if you guys care about that but, sorry; it's outta my hands.-

-EXTRA NOTE:  Editing took 5 minutes longer than expected, I apologize.  But hey, it's here now, so enjoy!-

-EDIT 5/28/22 6:45 PM:  Very small plot corrections-

-WITH IZUKU-

"... I..."  David replied as he hung his head down in shame. "I killed him... And took his place... As your father..."

The entire room goes silent in shock, apart from Sam and Eon.  Sam held a stern and unchanging expression while Eon only chuckles lowly, still holding Melissa by her neck.

"And there it is...  The grand reveal!"  Eon yelled  "Now don't you just feel so much better David?  Admitting your sins, getting all of the secrecy off of your chest!?"

"P-Papa...  What are you talking about...?"  Melissa muttered.

"Isn't it obvious Melissa?  It's as he says."  Sam said to Melissa.  "This David...  Is not from our reality."

"You're talking nonsense!"  Melissa replied.  "You're lying!  You have to be!"

"Well then, ask him.  Ask him what your mother's last words were on the day she died."  Sam replied.  "Seeing as we both remember him being there for her at the time; something like this should be easy to answer, right?"

Melissa looks back over to David, who continued to look down in shame as he clenched his fists.

"Papa....  You know this...  I know you know this!  So why are you staying silent!?"  Melissa replied.

"...  I don't.  I don't know what her last words were, Melissa...  Because I wasn't there.  Your real father was..."  David replied, shocking Melissa.

"No...  No...  It...  It can't be!  This is a joke, right!?"  Melissa exclaimed frantically.

"It's as they say... I'm not... From this reality. But rather... An alternate one... One... Where you died...  And I was all alone...  Again."  David replied.

Parallel worlds are only a theory!  They're hardly even a conceivable- "

"They're real.  I could hardly believe it myself when I discovered this reality...  Melissa, I've always taught you that in science and engineering; there needs to be proof of a problem in order to create a solution for it...  Well..."  David said as he turned to face Melissa.  "I'm...  All the proof you need.  I am your father, but from another timeline.  I killed the David Shield in this reality in order to take his place."

"I don't...  I don't understand...  What are you- "  Melissa muttered.

"...  Melissa...  Do you remember when you were a child?  All that time you spent in the hospital because of your illness...?  The same one that your mother had?"  David asked.  "The doctors all said that you were a lost cause...  That there was nothing that they could do for you and that the illness was a terminal one..."

"I remember...  After mom died, I spent almost 2 years in the hospital..."  Melissa replied.  "But auntie Abby found a cure...  She managed to find one and I got better after that...!"

"That's just it Melissa...  You didn't..."  David replied.

"What...?"  Melissa muttered.

"In my reality...  The reality that I'm from... You died..."  David replied, shocking the entire room.  "Your mother in my reality...  She died during labor...  She didn't even get to hold you in her arms before she passed...  I never got to even say goodbye to her...  All I had...  Was you.  My princess, my angel...  My everything...  And then, on that day...  I lost you too..."