Watching and Dreaming {Platonic}

Requested by @floatycloud

✮⋆。°✩⋆˙

I already know this one is gonna be pretty long so just to inform you just in case your expecting a short read.
This is not a continuation of the 'For the Future' writing I did; you do not have to read that before reading this unless you want to.

Note: Your physically and mentally the same age as The Collector

✮⋆。°✩⋆˙

All you saw was a dark void; deprived from any life. From what you could remember before you were found in this predicament was that the ground was shaking before everything went pitch black. You couldn't move your limbs, you were only able to stare at the darkness that surrounded you.
You pondered on what you could do; and how this could have happened. Who was powerful enough to create an earthquake like that out of the blue? You questioned yourself. One certain individual popped up in your mind that would certainly be the answer to this.
You wouldn't be surprised if they were the cause to this misfortune. They were upset to learn that King was planning to betray him. You just didn't know he would act on his grudges.
Before you could contemplate on the situation any longer, bright light assaulted your vision and you groaned in retaliation. Your hands jolting up upon instinct to protect your fragile eyes from the bright glow.
You arose from the hard floor, groaning from the spike of pain quickly spreading across your forehead and you reached up to rub at the sore spot in an attempt to help alleviate the pain.
You grimaced once more before focusing on your surroundings, noticing you were at the archives. You looked up at one puppet being displayed and winced at the eerie sight.
You got up and walked around, trying to figure out a way to get back to The Collector's and King's room. You hoped they were okay after all of this.
Before you could make it any further, more puppets suddenly appeared accompanied with bright sparkles. You yelped as you tripped over one, your hands instinctively jolting out in front of you to stop your fall. An object clanked on the ground due to the force of the fall before skittering to a stop.
You look over to spot one of The Collector's portable stars that you stored in your pocket for later use. You grinned, an idea coming to mind as you reached out to grab it in your hand; getting up and patting some dust that clumped on your clothes.
You took a glance at the puppets on the ground, your eyes widening in horror as you realized they were Luz's friends. You took a step back, whimpering while focusing on their blank gazes as they stared at nothing.
You glanced back at the door, debating whether you should help your friends or go searching for The Collector. You expanded the star as it grew larger; sitting on it and firmly pressing the palms of your hands on the surface as it bursts to life. You decided to find The Collector, you'll be able to convince him to turn your friends back.
You navigated the star as it tore through the door to the archives and sped down the hallways. Frantically looking around to see any signs that you were approaching their room. Your hope soars when you spot the entrance to The Collector's room; forcing the star to a skittering stop and leaping off of it.
You broke through the magic barrier that changed the gravity inside the room as you slowly descended towards the empty beds; your hopes quickly diminishing. Once you safely landed on the planet you looked around, fiddling with the fabrics of your clothing as anxiety overwhelmed you.
"Collector?" You called out, your voice cracking from nerves. You called out again and were met with no response. You looked around briefly, wondering if something bad had happened to them. You shook your head; getting rid of the bad thoughts. This wasn't the time to be pessimistic. You cupped your hands to the side of your mouth and hollered his name; hoping it would yield different results.
It didn't work and you were losing all hope. Defeated, you turned around and prepared yourself for the float back up to the entrance before a whooshing sound came from behind you. You stopped, your heart beating against your chest as you look behind you to see a portal had appeared.
A smile threatened to emerge as your best friend appeared from the portal; his eyes widening in surprise at the sight of you before tackling you into a hug.
The Collector squealed in delight, a bright grin on his face as he hugged you tightly; you reciprocating it as well. You were about to speak before three other people emerged from the portal.
Your voice fell flat as you realized it was Eda and Luz; King as well with him being perched atop Eda's shoulder. You took note of Eda's harpy form. It was something....new to say the least.
You smiled—holding your arms out to them as The Collector lets go of you. You were happy to see your other friends and they seemed pleased as well. Luz quickly envelops you in a hug, squeezing you tightly.
"I'm so glad your okay, y/n," Luz whispered in your ear. You nodded, agreeing with her statement as you broke away from each others grasp.
You shyly looked up at Eda as she gazed down at you, a satisfied grin on her face as she reached down to ruffle your hair with her big claws.
You looked at The Collector, confusion written over your face and they were happy to give insight and explain what was happening.
"Luz is gonna show me all her memories at the time when she was at the Boiling Isles!" They announced, smiling proudly.
Luz nodded, humming, "Yeah, bud. But if we don't get going now then we might not have enough time to get through them all."
The Collectors expression fell after Luz finished speaking and he grabbed your hand, making a star appear from his hands, "Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!"