Teachers Pet 2 - Epilogue

*****

Epilogue

**Gabby**

(Fourteen years later)

“Sorry to be late,” Daddy said hurrying into the dining room and going straight to where my mom was sitting.  “I’m starving when is dinner coming?”

“They were waiting on you,” Jaydon muttered.  “And we’re all starving.”

“Sorry about that son,” Dad leaned over mom’s chair and pressed his lips against hers. They had been together for over seventeen years now and they were still worse than a pair of high school kids, always hugging or cuddling each other in a corridor or doorway.

“Get a room guys,” Jaydon said pretending to look appalled but I grinned.

“Sorry kids, got a little carried away there,” Dad admitted.

“Hey you,” Mom gripped dad’s shirt as he started to pull away.  “I didn’t say you could stop being carried away,” she said pressing her lips against his now and sliding her arms around his neck to keep him locked close to her.

“We’re the only kids with parents who don’t look much older than teenagers and who actually seem to have hormones like teenagers,” I said still giggling.  “It’s cute the way they’re still so crazy about each other.  I hope I find the kind of love they found.”

“Yeah, about a thousand years from now,” Daddy said pulling away from mom and going to sit at the head of the table and Jaydon laughed.

“What, you don’t think she’s already major slut number one at school?”  Jaydon asked.

“No, I don’t think so but I do have some concerns about you,” Dad shot back and I laughed outright.  My dad wasn’t the Tyner pack Alpha for nothing, he knew what was going on, especially in our lives.

“Busted,” I yelled.

“Let’s not get into that at the table again Marcus,” Mom put in.

“You’re not bothered that our son is growing up to be a boy whore?  Five different girls call here for him every day and I’m damn sure he’s introduced at least three of them as his girlfriend in the past week,” Dad said angrily.  It really upset him that Jaydon was turning out to be so irresponsible when it came to women; it was not the way of the werewolves and no matter how often dad talked to him about it he seemed bent on continuing on his playboy path.

“He’s young, he’ll grow out of it,” Mom insisted as the maid brought our food to the table.

“He better had, they’ll be eighteen in a couple of weeks and he will go through the werewolf change and be fully brought into the pack, he had better have his act together by then,” Dad said.

“I like my life and the girls like me, I can’t help it if I’m drop dead gorgeous,” Jaydon said and I stuck my finger in my mouth and feigned puking.  Jaydon could be such a jerk sometimes, some of my closest friends had fallen prey to his devilish charm and had ended up coming to me in tears trying to figure out why Jaydon had dumped them.  His response had been simply a shrug of the shoulder.

“You’re such a jerk.”

“I call it like I see it sis,” Jaydon said rocking back in the chair.

“You two have to take over the pack when your mother and I leave mainstream society,” Dad pointed out.  “And the pack needs responsible leadership.”

“Why do you guys have to go, you still look young and you’re doing a great job.  I think it’s stupid that werewolves have to disappear from society at a particular age,” Jaydon grumbled.