Prologue

It was past the afternoon and Dylan was in his treehouse, accommodating new books in his small bookshelf; it turns out that, this very day his family and him went to a garage sale, it was a really interesting day; puppies were sneaking out between the boxes searching for toys, their parents had a minute for themselves... But only a minute.

Dolly and him had to set everything the puppies wanted to buy in order; they realize they lost Dorothy and after rearranging the garage itself they found her under a box chewing a new toy and everyone found what they really need it.

Dawkins even found new pieces to rebuild his robot...

"What a day" Dylan thought while taking the last book from the first box; he cleaned it and took it to the bookshelf when suddenly.

"Sup bro?!" Dolly came from who knows where asking in front of Dylan's face.

"Accommodating my books sister" Dylan replied with seriousness walking by his sister's side and searching inside his boxes.

Dolly made her muzzle go inside one of the boxes, the dustiest Dylan had bought, and sniffed a bit.

"Snif snif". Her face got all wrinkly and. "AAACHOOO!!!" She sneezed very hard; so hard that the dust made a little cloud in the air and a few papers went flying out of the box. "Ahhhgg... Snif" Dolly tried to clean her nose. "Why do you like this old stuff, Dylan?" Dolly complained while scratching her nose.

"This are astronomy stuff Dolly, and they are very old stuff; and very fragile too" The dalmatian answered her while picking up the papers in the floor. "I would appreciate if you didn't make it difficult to me to accommodate them" Dylan scolded his sister.

"Whatever smarty, mom told me to tell you, to don't get distracted here with that too much and go back to home early" The dalmatian said while climbing down the treehouse.

Dylan sighed.

"I would have finished earlier if it wasn't for someone". The young canine tried to raise his voice so he could be heard by his sister, at the distance he heard the door closing up and after that he got back to his books, every time he got a book out of the boxes, he accommodated the papers between the book pages to not lose them, maybe tomorrow he'll glue them back.

With each book the papers where less, until he had four of them left, and two of those same papers caught strongly his attention, these two paper sheets where old and they were made of scroll paper. The first one had circles with odd geometric figures and had written in the footer in cursive and signed.

"What if parallel tothe life we know, there is another life that does not die, which lacks theelements that destroy our life? Perhaps in another dimension there is adifferent from that which generates our life. Perhaps this force emits energy,or something similar to energy, which passes from the unknown dimension whereit is and creates a new form of cell life in our dimension."

The second one had only the same kind of geometric figures without any curves...

Dylan stood there thinking for a minute looking at both scrolls and then he peeked into his last box only to find three books left, the last one, the most aged one, was covered in dust and grease but by their sides some scroll papers were peeking out, they seemed to be the same kind of scroll; the dalmatian took out the book and a gust of wind blew straight to his window opening it and making him drop the book into the floor, the book opened itself turning the pages and making a lot more pages flying inside the tree house.

"Ah great!". The young dalmatian exclaimed while shutting down the window. "Now I'll have to accommodate another book". Dylan said as he walked towards the opened book; this one was opened in a page that had a lot more geometric figures above a star map, and in the other page was written in cursive and signed by the same hand as the other scroll. Dylan searched between all the first pages he had and when he did, he confirmed that in fact they had the same signature. "Wow, that was convenient". The dalmatian exclaimed while making aside his first scrolls to read the new ones.

"Ah, but I have seen its manifestations. I have talked to them... I have stood on the dim shore beyond time and matter and seen it. It moves through strange curves and outrageous angles."

Dylan then studied the other page and ripped it apart from the book to put it together his own star map.

The map was old, but it was very accurate to his own map, so the dalmatian put together the other pages as well and tried to make sense of them, he moved his own telescope to where the old map was pointing and watched those geometrical figures while thinking endlessly in those words written in cursive.

There was just void, none a peek of light from any star or planet was travelling back to the little telescope, however, the same book had instructions for him to follow to find what the map was pointing out.

That night the star dalmatian, was not going back home.