the night

"Hello, Chary! You look so good today. Are we ready to do the tech for today's sermon?" I brightly greeted my tech partner in church.

I am a member of the technical team in our church. Every Sunday, we do the mixing of the instruments and make sure that the audio and music are clear.

"Yes yes yes! Let's do this, Chlo." She happily replied.

"All for God!" I said.
"All for Him!" She also declared.

The praise and worship team assembled already and are ready to play the praise and worship. I checked the person assigned for today's line up.

Hanna, Kiane, and Lance are the worship leaders. Justin will be playing the drums. Jane is assigned with the keyboard. Peter and Zidore are playing the acoustic and electric guitars respectively.

As they are performing, we made sure that every instrument compliment the rest of the instrument.

While playing the first praise song, I noticed that Zidore's electric guitar is not that audible. I turned up the volume of his electric guitar a little higher of which he eventually noticed. He searched for us and upon our eyes reached each other's, he smiled.

The Pn'W team ended their performance wonderfully. We sat down and prepared ourselves to listen to the Word of God.

The sermon ended well and we are now having small chit chat talks and catching up conversations with the other members in the church. I went to my dad to give him something but when I reached his area, I overheard their convo with my uncle and our pastor.

They were talking about going to our province the following week to do rides and distribute Bible in our area.

My father and the majority of the men in our church loves to do rides. Hearing them talk about this made me realized that it would be a great idea for them to enjoy their Saturday at the same time a great opportunity for us to share the word of God.
---

At home, while I was washing the dishes, my parents discussed the things that we are going to do in the coming weekend. My dad mentioned that about 30 people will be coming in our province. I was shocked by the numbers.

'This is going to be something new.' I said to myself.
---

It's Friday today and my parents decided that we are going to travel first in our province to prepare for the event tomorrow. However, there is a problem.

It was announced last night that it might rain this Saturday because a typhoon might hit our country. Our province is located in the south while the news announced that it is most probable that the north side will only be affected with a signal 1 warning.

I heard that there are about 20 people who are still going to visit our hometown after the news. They decided to push through, rain or shine.
---

Saturday (7:00 AM)

We have already cleaned and prepared our house in the province knowing that we are going to have quite plenty of visitors coming this noon. It's cloudy today and I assume that it might rain later this day.

While staying in our veranda to get some fresh air, I heard a rumbling sound of motorcycles coming. I was alerted and went down to confirm if they have arrived.

I was right. I saw about 12 motorcycles parked outside our house. But what surprised me the most is that I saw Lance, Justin, Peter, and Zidore taking off their jackets and helmets as well. I didn't know that they know how to ride this kinds of stuff.

We guided them inside and let them rest. I know they are tired after their 4 hours journey. Yes, our province is that far.

They had a 1-hour short tour around our province and went back at our house to eat. When it was already 4:00 PM, it started to rain very hard. My dad suggested that they should just go back tomorrow because it might be dangerous for them to travel in this weather.

I agree.

They agreed.
---

During the night, while everyone was inside our house resting and relaxing, I stayed outside, under a tree where the motorcycles were parked. I love the sound of the rain and I especially love the ambiance of it during the night. I felt calmed and peaceful hearing the raindrops and so I closed my eyes.

"Hey... Would you mind if I join you?" I heard someone spoke behind me softly.

I turned around and saw that it was Zidore.

"Ohh, sure sure!" I quickly responded.

He smiled.

"Thank you for inviting us here. You've got a beautiful home." He started.

"It's my pleasure. I hope you enjoyed your short vacation here in our province." I replied.

"Definitely, that 4 hour journey was not a joke. I will surely remember this ride of us." He said.

"Was it hard?..." I said suddenly.

"The long ride?" He asked.

"Oh, no... I meant the process of learning how to ride. Was it hard for you to learn it?" I finally was able to organize my question.

"For me, I would say that it was not that difficult because I already know how to ride a bike when I have a kid. I learned how to control my balance because of that experience." He answered.

Hearing his words, I nodded.

"Do you like to learn how to ride the motorcycle?" He asked suddenly.

"Actually... It has been on my mind for quite some time. Yes, I would really love to learn how to ride it." I responded.

"If you want, I can teach you." He looked at me and smiled.

"Really?"

"Sure! I can teach you when we come back at the city." He assured me.

I was happy hearing him say that. Ever since I was in college, I wanted to learn how to ride a motorcycle. I thought of learning it because seeing people riding it looks so fun and exciting. I also thought of using it as my mode of transportation because off how traffic the city is now.

"I think you should sleep already, Zidore. You'll be traveling back to the city early in the morning, right?" I told him out of concern.

"Yes, I'll sleep in a bit... I'm glad I was able to talk to you, Chlo." He said.

Now that he said that, I realized that we haven't had a proper conversation with each other.

"I'm happy to be able to have this conversation with you as well." I smiled at him.

We stayed under the tree for quite some time and later decided to go inside to take a rest.
---

The next day

Everyone was preparing already. They were wearing their suit and gear. I barely recognize whose who. 5 minutes before they leave and travel back to the city, the team leader prayed for safety. While praying, I felt someone standing at my back.

When everyone said 'Amen', he pat my head and when I looked up, I saw his eyes smiled at me.

"Take care." I said. He nodded.

They started their engine and went their way back.