Chapter 1

Genya's eyes threatened to close as he sat through another one of Himejima-san's boring lectures. No disrespect towards his professor at all, but the role of elected officials wasn't the most exciting thing to learn in the world.

Running his hand through his mohawk, he signed dramatically but not loud enough for Himejima to hear. Finally, he gave in and closed his eyes, drifting off.

Suddenly he felt a sharp pain on his arm. He jerked and on reflex rubbed his arm even though it did nothing to soothe his pain. He turned to his left to face the pincher. His scowl was quickly lifted when he saw who it was.

"Muichiro! What are you doing here?" He asked,surprised, happy too but surprised nonetheless.

The younger's eyebrows furrowed. "You mean what are you doing here? Class is over and it's lunchtime." Genya looked around his classroom to see only Himejima at his desk. Did he not know Genya was here? "Don't tell me you were in your own little world. And I'm the one who spaces out?" He scoffed. Nonetheless Muichiro waited for Genya to gather his things so they could go to lunch.

Earlier today, they discussed going to the new diner that opened up and agreed to go together and even though Genya wasn't surprised to see Muichiro walk into the lunch line, not having the best memory, it was pretty funny to see his offense face when Genya grabbed him and dragged him off campus.

Halfway there, Genya told him what was going on. The freshman was reluctant at first but agreed when offered to get a piggyback ride to and from the diner.

When they arrived there were only a few people there, some from their school and others were parents with little kids but oddly enough it was peaceful. Genya dropped Muichiro on his feet much to his displeasure. 

"Go find us a table, I'll order for us, I already know what you want." Genya told him. Simple instructions, right? Well not for Muichiro because when Genya got in the line, he hadn't moved an inch. Genya knew better than to get annoyed, instead he went over to his friend, grabbed his hand and dragged him to an empty table. 

Muichiro sat down and looked at Genya, his hand still clinging to Genya's.

"I'mma go order, okay?" He said slowly to Muichiro. He didn't want to talk to him like he was some little kid, but Muichiro zoned out sometimes and it took him a while to understand what others wanted him to do, and yet he still  makes straight A's.

The older one gets to the counter with no more problems. While he's there the cashier is shorter than him which is not unusual. Genya was 5'11 in the 10th grade and he was still growing! The guy has pink hair with long pink eyelashes. If looks could kill, Genya would be dead.

"Hello sir, how may I help you today?" He asked. And while the line was kind, the delivery was not. He sounded as if he hated life and being here was a punishment.

Genya grinned nervously. "Hello. Can I have a large fry with two burgers and two sprites?"

With a heavy sigh, he typed the orders in. "That'll be $18.89." Genya gave it to him with no complaints. The cashier gave him his order number and he went to sit down.

Going back to where he left Muichiro, he saw the black-to-teal hair colored boy doing homework for math class. His brother's class. Genya grimaced. Math wasn't exactly his strongest suit and that kinda put a damper on their relationship, considering how petty his brother was.

"Hey Mui. I ordered for us. They should call out numbers a little bit." Muichiro nodded and scooted all the way in. Genya decided to sit across from him.

Genya took out his phone to scroll through social media. Nothing exciting was going on and he was almost considering doing homework. Almost. 

Before he could list a bunch of reasons in his head as to why he couldn't and wouldn't do his homework, he heard a rustle of paper. He looked to the boy in front of him to see him setting a flier on the table.