Meeting the Storm Dragon

Rimuru then wakes up in his human form in a cave that is filled with glowing ore and tons of the same plant.

Rimuru: Where am I, this places seems familiar but also not.
[Great sage: you are currently inside of the cave that Veldora was sealed in]
Rimuru: AH, who's there?
[great sage: I am your unique skill great sage I can communicate to you because I am your skill]
Rimuru: that makes sense but what who is Veldora, why is he sealed here, and how did I wake up here when I don't even remember entering the cave?
[great sage: .... Notice, failure to find any other information about veldora and the cave]
Rimuru: how do you know where we are but not about veldora who was sealed here.
[great sage: .... Notice, most logical conclusion is that you are suffering from amnesia, I know about the cave because I gathered it from your memories.]
Rimuru: so basically I have amnesia, and you can read parts of it, but that means something caused this to me.
[great sage: most memories I can read right now are just knowledge of materials and such, I recommend gathering the hikope plants and the magiore, they can be used to make gear and potions]
Rimuru starts gathering some flowers by hand until he accidentally absorbs one which startles him.
[great sage: this is a product of another unique skill you have called predator which allows you to consume, analyze, store, and expel whatever you consume.]
Rimuru: so that's why, this will be a lot easier to do then.
Rimuru then starts to consume all he can see in the cave. He accidentally falls down a path into a large chamber. He then sees a large dragon that is trapped by a large barrier.

Rimuru: Are you veldora?
Veldora: Looks like the first one to meet me in a while is a human very well then, I am the Storm Dragon Veldora, now tell me why have you come here if you have heard about me.
Rimuru: well the thing is I kinda woke up here with no amnesia and I am not human, I am a slime.
Rimuru then transforms into a slime and back
Veldora: I believe you are maybe more than that because even unique slimes don't even have that high level of intelligence.
Rimuru loses focus on veldora because he got a message from great sage.
Veldora: Hey don't ignore me when I am talking to you.
Rimuru: oh sorry about that, I just remembered a small thing, I am apparently am a reincarnated person from another world.
Veldora: understandable when a person reincarnates they can change races, but I never heard about a person reincarnating nor a summon that has amnesia, it could be a side affect of being reincarnated between worlds, but how do you know my name then if you are a reincarnated.
Rimuru: I don't really know myself but if I explore then I may be able to get some memories back.
[Sage: while examining your memories I have found some corrupted fragments which are involving veldora from what I can tell you may have had interactions with him before but there is a large corrupted piece among the fragments, it would probably be best to befriend veldora]
Rimuru: I have an idea why don't we be friends veldora.
Veldora: Me being friends with a slime, that's ridiculous.
Rimuru: alright bye then.
Veldora: WAIT, I just realized that it could be a good change.
Rimuru: sounds good, so how do I free you?
Rimuru starts using sage to analyze the barrier.
[sage: notice this barrier is powerful and we can't destroy it unless it is properly analyzed which would take about 100 years.
Veldora: currently it is not possible to get rid of the barrier, the hero sealed my skills using ultimate severance and trapped me using a unlimited prison.
Rimur: Veldora I have an idea of how to get you out, I can consume you with the barrier whole and use both of our skills we can analyze the barrier and then remove it.
Veldora: that sounds like an excellent idea, but before that I should give you a name and you give me a name.
Rimuru: I already have a name and don't you already have a name, so what would that solve.
Veldora: names promotes monsters and if a family name is shared between monsters then the promotion is stronger, after you give me a name I will grant you my family name then, but you have to tell me your name for this to work.

Rimuru thinks for a moment.

Rimuru: my name is Rimuru, and how about the name tempest instead of storm.
Veldora: that is the perfect name, is shall grant you the name Rimuru Tempest as proof of our bond.
Rimuru then feels a familiar change within him and he absorbs veldora along with the barrier.
Rimuru then gets a vision, of him in his slime form doing about the same thing with veldora, but amnesia was never mentioned in the conversation.
Rimuru snaps back to reality.
Rimuru: Whoah that was weird, what happened?
[Sage: notice some of you memories have been uncorrupted involving Veldora, the vision you saw was most likely the memory]
Rimuru: that makes sense but also not, if that was really a memory then why did Veldora not recognize me and why was he back in the cave after I absorbed him.
[Sage:notice, reason can't be found, more memorie may be required]
Rimuru then leaves the room where veldora was and ventured onward