January: Glowing

The sun beamed down over the hot Gerudo Desert as Link stood, watching the scourge of Vah Naboris, writhing around the center of the divine beast in pain after a long and hard battle. Sweat was dripping vigorously down his face as he slowed his breathing, Thunderblight Ganon erupting into a heap of malice with a blood-curdling scream. As he watched it dissipate, he walked towards the terminal that controls Vah Naboris, the malice fog no longer shrouding it from being touched. Maybe this was one step closer to defeating Ganon, and saving Hyrule. Maybe this was what he needed to save his Zelda.

Taking out the Sheikah Slate, the blonde touched it to the device, suddenly turning from orange to blue, it's controls restored. But then, the thing he wasn't expecting: footsteps. Turning around, his mouth opened slightly as Urbosa started coming down the back steps of the Divine Beast, the same turquoise glow around her as she spoke, a small smile on her face. "I knew you wouldn't let us down, Link. Thanks to your valor and skill, my soul is free and Naboris is ours once again." His face placid, Link turned towards her, sheathing the Master Sword as he stared at the woman's glowing body.

Ganon had taken out every Champion...every Champion except for him. Her skin shone with every step, the "fire" rolling off of her skin. A hand on her hip, she came to the bottom of the stairs, her face serious as her red hair bounced behind her. "Which means that finally...we can complete what we started years ago. We Gerudo have no tolerance for unfinished business." A sly smirk appeared on her face as the Gerudo Champion that Link once called a friend stood in front of him, dead, but her soul still thriving.

After a second, Urbosa sighed, chuckling as she shook her head before continuing to speak to the silent swordsman. "I've waited so long for the moment to see you finally rush Hyrule Castle...as well as for the moment when I incinerate Ganon into a pile of ash." Her hands balled into fists, lips thinning with irritation. He knew this couldn't be easy for her, but he had to keep trying for all of them.

"Which reminds me, I wanted to give you something. Please accept this gift which has come be known as Urbosa's Fury. It will no doubt be of use to use." With a spin and a snap, lightning erupts around him. "Both you and the princess...I know you have suffered much regarding what happened to us Champions. But this is how things had to happen. No one needs to go through that pain again, and you and the princess can stop that from happening. Besides, she's trusted you this long, and you're a voe of all people."

The light around Urbosa started shimmering as Link stood in a defensive position, a smile on her face as she put a hand on his shoulder. "Be the light of Hyrule, Link. Zelda...she's using everything she can to save us; bring her relief. Save them all, Link. Oh, and be sure to tell the princess hello; I believe she's missed you quite a bit." And with that, the glowing spirit of Urbosa nodded to the swordsman, who erupted into a ball of light and floated out of the divine beast.

With a sigh, the former Gerudo chief closed her eyes and walked to the helm of the divine beast, her gaze overlooking Gerudo Town. She missed her people, the people that she protected. But, she had to do everything in her power to keep the light shining down on that land, and that light was Zelda and Link. It was her duty to save them.

It was the duty of a Champion to keep the light bright and the darkness at bay.