Chapter 1

Elysian stood tall amidst the desolation, his divine presence radiating power and grace. He surveyed the dilapidated city, its crumbling structures a testament to a once-thriving civilization now reduced to ruins. Amidst the ruins, he noticed a lone figure, a man named Damian, huddled against a broken wall, his face etched with exhaustion and despair.Elysian approached Damian, his celestial aura casting a gentle glow upon the weary man. "Damian," he called out, his voice carrying a resonance that seemed to defy the ruinous atmosphere. "Fear not, for I am Elysian, a deity of this realm. I have chosen you to be the recipient of my divine blessings."

Damian's eyes widened in disbelief as he looked up at the imposing figure before him. "Me? But I am nothing more than a mere survivor in this forsaken world," he muttered, his voice tinged with a mix of awe and skepticism.

"Forsaken or not you have not sinned like the many others in this world of ruin. Let me bless you Damian" Elysian proclaimed, extending his hand towards him. In an instant, a profound wave of comfort and peace engulfed Damian, overwhelming his senses.Despite the overwhelming sensations that washed over Damian, his determination to survive without relying on the assistance of a deity remained steadfast, as it did for many others. The idea of being aided by a deity like Elysian was seen as a sin in Damian's eyes, a sin that he was resolute to avoid.

Compared to the many other worlds in this universe, where Elysian aiding a person would be seen as a blessing, it was not the same here. In this world, Elysian was viewed as a demon whose blessing would cause the worldly principles to fall into ruin. As much as Damian wished to live a life of peace rather than chaos, he knew it would be better if he were to reject Elysian.Something inside Damian was telling him to accept the offer that Elysian was here to "bless" him with. Would it really be selfish if Damian took this offer? He didn't know. He knew the right thing to do was not to accept the offer right in front of him, but doubt started to cloud his resolve.

Elysian's hand was still outstretched for Damian to take. Even if Damian were to deny a blessing from Elysian, he would still extend kindness towards him. Elysian knew this world viewed his very existence as a sin, yet he remained unwavering, refusing to give up. He had made up his mind and wished for Damian to be the first to see him as something other than sin, even if it meant enduring numerous hardships in the future to earn Damian's trust.Seeing the doubt in Damians eyes Elysian's gaze remained unwavering, his eyes filled with a depth of understanding and compassion that spoke directly to Damian's soul. Seeing the conflict within Damian, Elysian slowly withdrew his hand, respecting his choice. "I understand your hesitation, Damian," Elysian spoke softly, his voice carrying a hint of sadness mixed with unwavering determination. "It is not my intention to force my blessings upon you. I merely wished to offer you a chance to be a part of the change this world so desperately needs."

Damian gazed at Elysian in disbelief, his mind struggling to comprehend why a deity as revered as Elysian would stand before him in this desolate world of chaos and destruction. The very notion of their encounter seemed to defy logic, leaving Damian both baffled and intrigued.Rising from the rubble-covered ground, Damian's eyes searched Elysian's celestial form, searching for any semblance of understanding. "Elysian," he began, his voice tinged with a mix of awe and confusion. "Of all the possible deities, why have you chosen to bless this world, and why me?"

"Because, dear human, you find yourself in a world consumed by sin and yet you remain untainted. I have come to bestow my blessings upon you, even if they may initially seem like a curse within the confines of this grim reality. Rest assured, I can offer you protection amidst these dire circumstances. This world lies in ruin, and while you are one of the many survivors, what sets you apart is your purity."