Chapter one- Grayson

I blink and sit up in my seat as I feel a nudge on my arm. "Why do you even bother to attend to my class if all you do is slack off. Pay attention Mr. Keyton." "Sorry Sir, won't happen again Tratford." I say to him.  

 His face becomes stiff and curious as if what I said was the truth. Obviously it wasn't, come on, it's Mr.Tratfords History class, as if I would actually pay attention to his boring long lectures on the Treaty of Versailles, Vimy Ridge or any of the other boring, pointless things we 'learn' in this class.

 Seriously though, when are we suppose to use this stuff in real life, it's an endless supply of nothing but-

 "Grayson." a whisper interrupts my train of thought. "Dude, we have that big test coming up, do you really want to fail again? Your dad will kick your ass." Well that's my best bud, Clinton.  

 He's been my best friend since grade 5 when both of our parents were having a divorce, his mom was leaving him and so was my mom, leaving my dad and I. And ever since then, we've stuck with each other through everything, it's kind of our bromance I guess you could say.     

  "Grayson!" he says once again, just above a whisper this time. I quickly turn in my seat, startled "Yeah, sorry. I know, I'm hoping this time I get over at least 50% because that 36% last time was really rough on me." I say to him. "That's enough of you Mr. Keyton. I'm tired of your distractions to this class. go to the office." Mr. Tratford interrupts and motions his hands towards the rotting door that's attached to his rooked classroom. "But I was just-" I try to argue. "No. Go right now, I don't want to hear it this time."   

  I get out of my rusty seat and grab my bag not even bothering to grab my paper with absolutely nothing written on it. How do the teachers expect me to learn if all they do is kick me out of their classrooms?

   I exit his classroom glad that I can finally breath fresh air. I begin to walk down the stairs not even caring where the office is because we all know I wasn't going to go there.

  But it's been a great Monday morning. It's not even 9:00 and I've already been kicked out of my first period class. Great.