Nobody without you

The firecracker

CHAPTER 1

" Hurry up simon!" Sara shouts outside of the bathroom door. Sara is very frustrated because it's the first day back to school. But it's even more stressful because Simon and Sara are starting at a new school this year. Hillerska boarding

school. Simon brushes is teeth in a very messy way so he can give Sara the bathroom, " sorry Sara calm down." Sara races into the bathroom to finish the steps in her morning routine. Sara is a perfectionist when it comes to makeup and skin care.

Simon slurps down the leftover milk in his bowl of cereal, He rushes out the door grabbing his backpack and keys. " it's fucking pouring rain on the first day back! , great. Shouts Simon. He makes it to the bus stop and waits under the overhang with Sara until the bus arrives. When the bus pulls up him and Sara run on and find the last seat available. They sit in the row kitty corner to Ayub & Rosh, " wassuuuup simme! It's been like 2 weeks! " Simon smiles but he still feels nervous that he will be back in a classroom after 2 months again.

" Yo Simon did you hear that the prince is enrolling at Hillerska tomorrow As well?!" Says Ayub with a confused look on his face. Simon looks confused but he frankly couldn't care less, When it comes to the royal family Simon has no interest at all. " no?! , doesn't effect me though you know how much I hate the monarchy and anything to do with that shit Ayub." Simon speaks with expression. Ayub nods his head then begins to turn around and face out the window. The bus reaches Hillerska and it pours out with people. Simon walks with Sara inside to the lockers they were assigned around 2 weeks before summer ended. " alright Sara the bells going to ring any second now, I have history with mrs. Lee." " See you later Simon! Good luck." Simon smiles and walks to room 104 History , he finds a table to the back left of the classroom and it begins to fill up each minute with more people.

" Good morning and welcome black everyone :) " says mrs. Lee , with a smile on her face. Simon goes to open up his binder messing with his colourful dividers, until he looks up to see the prince standing in the doorway. Everyones eyebrows raise with confusion. The class starts whispering to the people beside them, but Simon. Simon has nobody sitting next to him, it's just an empty blue chair waiting to be taken up by someone. The prince clears his throat " hi mrs, sorry I am late. " Simon looks confused remembering back to Ayub saying he wasn't supposed to come until tomorrow. " My family has set me up for a half day here so I can check things out, I need to be prepared for tomorrow if you understand. "

Mrs, lee has an excited look on her face and begins to welcome Prince Wilhelm to the class. "You can go ahead and sit next to the boy in the purple hoodie back there, his name is Simon."

Wilhelm puts his 2 binders down and pulls the chair as it makes a squeal. He sits down and looks at Simon for a little longer than someone would normally, "hey" says Wilhelm. "Hi" says Simon in a shy toned voice. Mrs lee was up at the front desk skipping through papers and papers of worksheets. She needed to find the lesson so she allowed the class to chatter while they waited. Simon goes on his phone to text Sara on how things are going but he catches Wilhelm staring at his curls shining off the reflection of the sun coming from the glass window. " Did you need something or whatever" mumbles Simon. Wilhelm's heart skips a beat, he is overall nervous since he has nobody to talk to. " Oh no sorry about that, I was just looking out the window." "oh okay." As Wilhelm is staring at Simon he thinks of how he got put Into this school, and what his parents think of him right now. Everything rushes back to him and his heart begins to race faster and faster.

Im so fucking stupid? Why did I do this? If I never got into a fight I wouldn't be here right now. All of these thoughts trace Wilhelm's mind. He starts to cry as tears drip down his face. Wilhelm is a quiet person in general, he doesn't like to make himself seen or give himself attention. He sniffles into his jumper as quiet as he can, but not quiet enough for Simon to not hear him. " Omg are you okay?! " Wilhelm's heart drops. He didn't want anyone to find out he was crying because he is embarresed. Simon gently taps his shoulder trying to get Wilhelm to look up at him.