One last stroll

It's only been a couple hours after we figured out what has caused the death of Senior. I wish I could've talked to him more.

Exploring Gourmaghast has been a hassle. There seem to be endless traps and secret doors. I have to take my mind off of it somehow, so I go to the living room to relax.

I open the door, and..

"Doleful..?"
A young voice calls out. I look over and see Techie Detective. He looks afraid, and his hands look sore.

" 'Techie has been typing away at his laptop for hours.' The girl answered Doleful Detective's question, not needing to hear it."

Another young voice queued in.

"Thank you, Bookworm."

I reply. I look over to her. She looks stressed as well, trying to distract herself from everything.

"I have an idea, you two." I say, catching their attention.
They look at me, interest piqued.

"How about we go for a walk? It's clear you two are stressed about something, and doing your usual thing isn't helping." I say, catching them both off guard.

The looks on their faces look like they're considering it. Finally, Techie looks at me and replies.

"Sure, it might help!"

After hearing that, Bookworm stands up.

" 'I suppose I could give it a try.' The girl answers, willing to try something new."

And so, we're all walking to the main entrance. Bookworm to my right, as I push Techies wheelchair.

When we're out the door, I ask them a question.

"So, how far would you like to walk? I don't want to make your feet hurt."

They look at me, and then Bookworm goes. "Can we go to the docks? I like the water."

She mumbled, but I heard her.

"Alright. I like the water too!" I replied and began to walk, Bookworm following.

It was silent, but we would rather walk quietly.

Small conversations came up, but we had reached the docks in no time.

"Wow, we're already here?"

Techie says, staring into the ocean. It really is pretty.

We'll just sit here for a while. Nothing can go wrong, right? Right.

A quiet humming sound comes from Booky.

"Is that Butch 4 Butch?" I ask. She looks away from me, embarrassed.
"It's okay! I like that song, too." I say to her, causing Techie to look over as well.

"You know that song, too?" He asks, faint smile on his face.

Just then, he pulls out his laptop.
.
.
.
A messy, untuned piano starts to play. We all decide to sing along, knowing the lyrics by heart.

___

They're really happy, aren't they? Oh, Doleful. Don't ever change.