𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟

HOW YOU GET THE GIRL ╱ CAM CAMERON꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by liv . . .©-wonderhaze
❛ that's how you get the girl ❜

() Cousins, Massachusetts was the town that hundreds of people traveled to every year. It was right on the beach and allowed those in the area to still enjoy the sand and water while not having to travel hundreds of thousands miles. The town was best known for its debutante ball every year, girls and boys dressing up to show their elegance and maturity. The ball was normally organized by the country club with a board of members helping as well, some of them being susannah fisher, jennifer bardot, and brittany wright.

The town was also known for those that lived there and the houses they had along the beach. While hundreds of people actually lived in cousins year round, hundreds of people had summer houses there. The Bardot family was one of those families, along with the fisher family. Susannah and Jennifer had grown up together, along with their friend, Laurel. Along the way, they found more friends and eventually had kids that all became friends. It was the perfect story they wanted. Although, nothing was perfect in their friend group or their kids friend group.

That summer would be one of the last, if not the last, summers where everyone was together. It was either everyone was going off to college or they just didn't have time those following summers, and while it pains them, they were prepared to make that summer the best summer they've ever had. If only things ever went according to plan when it came to cousins.

() Genevieve Clarke had everything every girl dreamed of having. The perfect home, the perfect hair, the perfect face, the perfect body, the perfect boyfriend, everything she had was perfect. Although, nothing about Genevieve Clarke's life was perfect. Her entire childhood was spent exercising and dieting, her dad not thinking she was light enough to ever be a model or cheerleader. She spent most of her childhood crying herself to sleep because she could feel her stomach eating itself from hunger. Genevieve never understood why she dad was the way he was, but it didn't matter in the end. By her freshman year, her parents were divorced and her mom was her primary caretaker. While Gen loved her mom, she also had a hatred for her. Her mom stood around for years, not doing a single thing to help her daughter. And the minute he insults her mom instead of her, they are packing their things and leaving.

Gen eventually got over her anger for her mom, seeing as her mom was also mentally abused by her dad and probably didn't even know what was happening to her daughter. She continued to do cheerleading throughout high school, even though she was no longer comfortable with her body and how she looked. She gave up modeling because of the thoughts that would run through her head when she looked in a mirror, but she refused to give up cheerleading. The one sport that let her see the entire school. A lot of people didn't think they were noticed by the popular kids, but Genevieve made sure people they were. She made sure that those kids were just as important as those that did sports or were in a major club.