Reunion

A/N: Hello! I haven't written anything properly in a year or so—especially smut. Please be gentle! It's 2023 and Owari No Seraph is still something I adore :') I have also cross-posted this to AO3, so don't freak out if you see it there too! Enjoy <3

Yuu could not believe they had been reunited after all this time.

Four months had passed since he had been found by Mikaela Hyakuya once again and since the battle of Nagoya, where many of his comrades had been slaughtered mercilessly.

Every day since those events, a small bubble of happiest would appear in his mind, and like a record stuck on repeat, it would go, 'Hey! Can you believe Mika is alive and with you?!' Honestly, that little repetitive bubble made him smile. Despite the gruesome events and the truth that had come out during it, this was the happiness he had been in a while.

Yuu let out a deep, relaxed breath and looked beside him, where Mika was resting next to him. He wasn't sure if Mika was asleep (he wasn't sure if vampires could sleep), but he looked content and relaxed with his eyes closed. 'Man, I really can't believe we're together again', he thought for the 100th time that day as a small smile filled his lips.

He reached over to the vampire and gave him a gentle tap on his face. Mika's face scrunched up slightly at the disturbance, "Mm?" He verbalised.

"Just seeing if you were awake," Yuu simply replied.

"I was daydreaming, you know." Mika's eyes cracked open, revealing his red irises. A solid reminder of what he had officially become to Yuu; a complete vampire.

Yuu still felt somewhat guilty about his friend's conversion, but there was not much of an option in the heat of the moment. He had only been presented with turning Mikaela into a complete vampire or allowing him to go crazy with blood lust and die slowly. Even though both were unpleasant, the first option became the best one in that scenario. 'Oh well, I guess I better work hard to make him human again.' Yuu combatted the intrusive thoughts of guilt once more. If he repeatedly told himself that it was a simple task, maybe it would be when he figured out how to accomplish it.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of Mika yawning. He glanced over to witness him stretching his arms above his head. "Was your daydream really that good?" He teased with a smug smile painting itself on his lips.

"Yes, yes, it was, and you ruined it." Mika childishly shot back and crossed his arms.

"Oh? What were you daydreaming about?"

There was silence for a few moments as the vampire decided on saying it out loud or not, "Just...about us running away again. Me and you." He admitted, averting his gaze from the raven-haired boy.

"Man, that seems to be your favourite idea now." Yuu chuckled a bit as he sat up.

"Well, yes...I still believe it's our only option."

"I am not running away from my family, and I still have to rescue Guren, you know."

Mikaela grumbled a little at that statement and sat up, "When will you realise that these humans are just using you?!" He huffed.

"Sure, Guren may have had his own plans but Shinoa, Kimizuki, Yoiichi, Mitsuba...Even Narumi had nothing to do with any of that."

"How do you really know for certain, Yuu?" He narrowed his eyes at Yuu, inching closer to him as if he thought intimidating him a bit would finally get him to change his mind.

"I feel like if they were a part of all that, it would have popped up by now!" Yuu poked his tongue out at Mika and followed it with a grin. Mika's demeanour softened slightly as he rolled his eyes.