Ib and Mal's Story

Ib and Mal were in love. So in love that they decided to get married and make it halal, Ib told his siblings about her and spoke highly of her; he was jumping with joy and excitement waiting to marry her. She brought him happiness in this cruel, heartless dunya. It was all the same for Mal. He was everything she ever wished for as a child; he was her prince charming. They got married and everything was going amazing, they moved out into their own little flat and everyone was happy. Ib was the perfect husband. But Mal just wasn't who she seemed. The candle burnt, slowly but surely. She began bringing problems into his life and into his family, causing arguments. She caused him to physically fight with his own brother. She caused him to not be able to see his one niece, kept cussing his family, and she just plainly tore apart his family, limb by limb. She controlled him. It was all too much for Ib's family and it all affected his little, only sister. She had to stand there and watch all of this tenfold happen to her family and she couldn't do anything as she was just a child. She still is just a child. All of this caused Ib to lose his spark. He used to be so bubbly and filled with positivity and jokes but now, he was quiet and introverted and rarely ever spoke. It hurt his family, especially his sister, to see him like this, going through so much pain. Ib finally divorced Mal and she moved out of their flat. Ib threw away her remaining things and tore down their pictures they had framed up. He fell into a state of depression, even worse than before. He became insomniac and would eat the smallest of portions. His family wouldn't see him for weeks at a time and he never answered his phone. Gradually, he got out of this awful habit and began doing things that he enjoyed and that helped him go back to normal. He began going to the gym, learning how to cook and cooking a meal everyday, visiting his family everyday or every other day, and going out with his friends and going on those spontaneous holidays he used to go on. He was turning his life around. His happiness was returning as he was doing the things he loves and surrounding himself with the people that love and care for him and will always be there for him without a doubt. Day by day, he's finding himself again, within the pieces that Mal had shattered and left behind. He's gluing them back together, and paving a new path for himself, a path in which he has control. He's slowly but surely building his life again, gaining more and more happiness, and discarding his depression, day by day, breath by breath, step by step. He refuses to feel othered anymore. It's now his turn to be happy and feel, feel the world around him, feel the love that others give him. Feel. Ib has now won in what seemed like a never-ending battle. He proved Mal wrong. He has started to find himself. This won't stop. He will win. And he'll watch her suffer at his happiness and strength. She will face the consequences. She will suffer (God-willing).

~~~~~

a/n: fuck Mal bro honestly shes a bitch

*not edited*