Chapter 9

Taehyung opens his eyes slowly adjusting them to the brightness of the morning. And they immediately get filled with tears. He has had lost hopes to see this beautiful being the first thing in the morning. Now seeing him peacefully sleeping in his arms again, he can't help but cry. Not wanting to disturb his sleep, Tae covers his mouth tight and lets out silent sobs, crying his eyes out for a good few minutes.
After finally feeling much at ease, he wipes his tears, takes a deep breath, and a simple gulp, he stands up to freshen up before leaving.

An hour or so after, Jungkook wakes up. Sitting up on the bed he rubs his eyes as a cute habit of his when suddenly everything from the night prior hits him like a train. His head turns to his side at the speed of light, but to his dismay, he finds it empty and cold. He doesn't know how to react about the whole incident, but he for sure isn't happy that the elder left, he's missing him already. Laying at the elder's side of the bed, hugging his pillow sniffing his scent, koo feels his eyes filling with tears. He finds the pillow already wet.
"Hyungie, did you cry? Am sorry for hurting you like this. I know I have to give you a proper explanation, but I can't. Please don't hate me."

After what felt like an hour, Koo finally calms down, still sniffing here and there, goes to get ready for the day. Maybe he'll order take-out today again as he's too tired to do anything the whole day and since the dishes are all used up too. Don't get him wrong, Koo is never the type to leave all the work aside and laze around. He just doesn't find it in him to do anything anymore. He's just living for a living soul in him. Eventho the baby is the reason he has to live without his inspiration to keep living on, but that very baby is also another reason for him to live on. As much as he loves Taehyung, he doesn't love the baby any less.

Jungkook lazily walks to the living room, in the plans of filling up his tea table more with more of the packets of takeouts, but he's surprised to see it all empty and spotless. Not just that, but the whole living room is, the dining table too, and also the kitchen. He finds no single plate or spoon left undone.
/Did Hyungie do it before he leaves./ He pouts with fresh tears in his eyes, being grateful.

When he was about to walk to the kitchen, the door to his house opened and in walked the love of his life.
Their eyes met and they both freeze in their spots before Tae finally walks closer to the younger.
"I went to take the garbage out." Tae stutters. And Jungkook is happy that the elder didn't just leave without notice, unlike he himself.

When Taehyung finds the other not saying anything, he speaks again "I made you breakfast." He clears his throat as his voice came out broken just now "Lemme get it for you."
Tae was done serving the food on the table and Jungkook was still stuck in his steps.
"You should eat before it gets cold. I tried to make it as edible as possible." Tae jokes with a small smile knowing his cooking to lighten up the atmosphere.

This time Jungkook actually walks to the table and sits in his chair, the one on which he always sits, the one beside which Tae sits on, hoping this time the elder would sit on the same seat again.

After setting up a bowl nicely for the younger, he places it in front of him. Jungkook snaps back from his trance and is quite taken aback at how actually pretty it looks. It has things he despises tho. But that's good for him. Tae made sure his baby eats healthy.
More tears.

Seeing the younger not diving in right away like he usually does, Tae remembers that he forgot his baby's love, his forever love, the banana milk he always starts his meals with. He walks back into the kitchen to fetch the said drink. When he's back with it, he finds Kookie already having the food he made. Maybe he doesn't love the drink more than someone else.
Seeing him eat quietly, he just places the drink in front of him and stands at the farthest end of the table from the younger, unaware how it broke him from the inside.

Jungkook's lips tremble at the stranger behaviour of his Hyungie, but he still speaks after a gulp to stabilize his voice. "Y- you should eat too."
Taehyung stilled at that. "No no, I'm all good. I'm fine. I'm not hungry. I'll eat outside later." This was enough for a sob to break out from Jungkook which he has been holding since the elder entered the house this morning. His Hyungie would eat outside but not here with him. Is he that much of an eyesore to him, now? Does he disregard him this much?
It all kills him more.

"Hey! Don't cry, please. Calm down. Shush!! Please, don't cry. I'm sorry." Tae panics rubbing the younger's back.
Jungkook does quit his cries down after a bit, now just sniffing. When he meets eyes with Tae, he immediately retracts as if he touched something that would kill him. And Jungkook felt so devastated, to say the least, erupting another sob from him.
Taehyung comforts him again but this time not daring to touch him, but his hands just move in front of him, desperately wanting the opposite, wanting to just cage the fragile boy.

Seeing nothing helping, Tae attempts to get a glass of water from the table for the younger.
"Here, take this, please. Ok I'll eat with you, just stop crying. It's not good for you, please."
When hearing the almost cry of the elder, kook feels quite happy that Tae still cares for him somewhere.
He with his trembling hands wipes his face with the paws of his hood, and takes a shaky breath in. After drinking the water taking it from the elder's hold he stands up going into the kitchen only to be back with an empty bowl and a pair of chopsticks, serving it.

 After drinking the water taking it from the elder's hold he stands up going into the kitchen only to be back with an empty bowl and a pair of chopsticks, serving it

Being done with eating, Taehyung insisted, more like demanded to  do the dishes himself as to him the younger needs rest. Not being in the mood to fight nor having the energy for that, he quietly goes to sit on the couch comfortably and finally tweeting the pic he managed to snap when the other went to get him his fav shake from the kitchen.

Staring at it he keeps smiling. He feels loved looking at that, that his hyungie bothered to cook for him even when he can't really, is taking care of him. Eventually his eyes land on the male who was almost done with his task. He stares at him until he's standing right in front of him.

"I need to talk to you." This triggers Jungkook's anxiety. Does that mean he finally has to talk about that thing? That he can't escape it anymore? Without his notice, he was already having difficulty breathing. Not wanting to show it to the elder, he was trying to stabilize his breathing for who wasn't even there in front of him anymore. Taehyung who was determined to have a serious conversation, went to fetch himself a stool and settled on it before Jungkook.

💜: I'm sorry, my chapters have literally no specific length. Some are really long and some are exceptionally short 😅