The start and the end

George's POV

"Daddy, Mommy is waiting"

"Okay, Okay. I'm coming, baby." I giggled. Today is my birthday. One of the happiest days of my life. I went out of my room and saw the most beautiful woman on earth.

"I like your white dress; it compliments your skin." I smiled and then kissed her cheek.

"You never failed to make me smile." My wife said in her sweetest voice.

"I want to eat ice cream, Mommy! Daddy!"

"Okay, sweetie. We're going now."

We rode in the car then left.

We arrived at the fanciest restaurant in town. The interior design was fabulous. The expensive chandeliers, the chairs and tables were made of gold, the spacious hallway that has red carpet on it. The different paintings on the wall. I liked it so much. We liked it so much.

We sat on the corner near the balcony. The waiter gave us the menu.

"I want Panzanella and Bruschetta." My wife gave her order.

"And Focaccia bread and Mushroom Risotto for Samantha." She continued.

"Gnocchi and Pesto alla Genovese." I told what my orders are.

We waited for 15 minutes and when our foods arrived, we started eating.

"Dad, will we eat ice cream after this?" our daughter asked.

"Of course, we will." I said.

I watched my wife and daughter eating. I am so happy right now. I couldn't ask for anything. Just when I thought this was the happiest day of my life, a cop approached me.

"You are under arrest."

"What? Why?" I looked at the cop and glanced back to my wife and daughter. They started fading like a dust on the air.

"No! No! No! No! My wife! My daughter!" I tried to catch the dust but it continued to fall down.

"No!" I kneeled down and cried.

"My wife! My daughter! What have you done to them?" I shouted at the cop.

"Why are you arresting me? What have I done?" I continued crying.

The other cop put the handcuffs on me.

Nurse's POV

"How's George?" the other nurse asked.

I put my things on the desk before I answered her. "I wish he is okay."

"Is he still hallucinating?"

I nodded.

"I think he will never be okay. Who would have thought that he would do that to his family?" she continued.

"There is a reason."

"What reason?"

I looked in her eyes. Telling her to shut up.

"You are the only nurse who can handle him." She said.

"I am just doing my job. Need to pay my bills." I answered.

The other nurses joined us. "Wanna eat lunch with us?"

"I'll pass. I need to give George a shot." I said.

"I'll come with you." Said the other nurse.

I left alone on the desk. I prepared the syringe from the shot.

I went back to George's room.

He was just staring at the window. He stopped crying. I instructed him not to move and give him the shot. It would make him better.

He was like this for 2 years now. Crying, getting wild, asking for help. No one wanted to help him. But I only believed in him.

"I missed them." He said and cried again. He kept on repeating this dialogue.

I closed my fist with anger.

2 years of dealing with him was no joke. He was a headache in this hospital. But I never give him up. Not that he was mine now.

You've read it right! I used him to kill his family. I was the first. She came later. But George chose her. I was grieving every time they were happy. I couldn't take it anymore.

I executed the plan. I gave George a drug that made him hallucinate. He thought his wife and daughter were monsters.

It was a success.

Now George and I will live happily ever after.

"I love you." I whispered.