V.

Halloween.

⟸★☆✫✰✯✰✫☆★⟹

Professor Flitwick, a very tiny, gnome-like wizard, stands on a pile of books as he oversees the class. "Now don't forget that nice wrist movement
we've been practising. Swish and flick. Swish and flick."  Hadrian, paired with Blaise, poses his wand over the feather before him and begins to swish and flick. "Wingrdium Leviosa." The feather flutters, but never leaves the table.

"And enunciate! Never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest!" He reminds his class. "Wingardiom Leviosa!" Ron windmills his arm grandly. Nothing. Hermione frowns. "Honestly- You' re going to take someone's eye out. Besides, .you'.re saying it wrong. It's Levi,-ohhhh-sa. Not Levi-o-saaaah." Hermione rolls her eyes.

"You do it then, if you're so clever." Ron says, rolling his eyes. "Wingardium Leviosa." Hermione swishes and flicks. Instantly the feather rises. "Oh, well done! Everyone see here, Miss Granger's done it!" Flitwick says proudly. Morrígan looks down at the feather in her lap, levitating, sheepishly. "Didn't know we were supposed to use our wand...." she whispers, closing her hand, making the black mist around the feather disappear and drop.

⟸✯⟹

As Hadrian and Ron cross the courtyard, Ron mimics Hermione. "It 's Levi-ohhhhh-sa- Not Levi -o-saaaah.She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends." Ron says, and Morrígan slaps him on the back of the head, hard.Just then, someone bumps into Hadrian. He turns, sees Hermione dash by, hugging her books, eyes glittering with tears. "I think she heard you." Hadrian winces. "No shit. And Ronald, I'm her fucking friend, so watch it!" Morrígan glares, stumping away after Hermione.

⟸✯⟹

Candlelit pumpkins flicker throughout the hall, while thousands of live bats flutter overhead. Hadrian sits quietly, studying an empty chair, then sees Professor McGonagall standing across the way with Hagrid. Both are looking at him. McGonagall says something to Hagrid, who nods, then she steps away, and approaches him. "How are you, Potter? All right? Where's Morrígan?" Mcgonagall asks. "Yes, Professor. Fine. She's with Hermione." Hadrian answers, hesitantly. "I know this is- we know- the members of the staff that this is perhaps a difficult night for you. Halloween. Your parents..." Hadrian realizes what she is talking about and nods. "We're all right, Professor." He reassures her.

"Very well." She turns and starts to go. "Professor? Thank you." Mcgonagall turns. "You're welcome, Potter." As she goes, Hadrian sees Ron glumly pushing his food around, listening to Pansy gossip. "-she wouldn't come out of the girls' bathroom. Said she's been in there all afternoon. Crying." She says.Just then, Professor Quirrell runs into the room, and cries out. "TROLL IN THE DUNGEON! TROLL IN THE DUNGEON! Thought you ought to know-"He faints to the floor. There is a brief silence, then utter chaos breaks out. Students shriek. Bats screech. POP! POP! POP! The hall goes still, all eyes on Dumbledore, standing at the front, purple smoke trailing from his wand.

"Everyone will please not panic. Prefects, lead your Houses back to the dormitories. Teachers, follow me to the dungeons." The slytherin's panicked knowing their dormitory was in the dungeons.

⟸✯⟹

As they follow the Prefect down the stairs, Ron still looks glum. "How could a troll get in?" Hadrian asks, pushing his hair out of his face. "Not on its own. Trolls are really stupid." Ron explained. "Probably Peeves playing jokes-" seeing Hadrian's face Ron paused. "What?" "Hermione and Morrígan. They doesn' t know!" Hadrian panicked, going into protective brother mode.