You See Him For The First Time

You've always loved cotton candy; you love how it makes you sugar high and you can't stop giggling at every small thing happening around you.

It amuses you how you lose control over your mouth, and how you seem to forget everytime- the after effects of too much cotton candy.

But you never learn.

Unable to control your sudden urge to have some cotton candy, you dump your homework unceremoniously on your bed, slip on a pair of brown sandals decorated with small plastic shells, and skip merrily down the semi-busy road heading towards the beach.

One of the stalls there serves the best cotton candy, along with other eatables, and the old, wrinkle-faced and grey haired woman running that stall is extremely friendly to you: you being one of her regular customers.

And sometimes, she might give you cotton candy for free, just as a treat.

As you smile brightly at the old lady who returns it with a toothy grin, laughter from behind you, followed by someone being grumpy, catches your attention.

You whip around, putting some of the sweetness into your mouth, and see a small girl dragging a guy towards you.

He has a grumpy face on, and you can't help but smile as he picks her up suddenly, swinging her around, and tickles her; she screams in delight.

You watch, as his hair flies in the sea wind, how he pushes his hair back against his forehead with a flick, and then looks at you with his piercing blue eyes.

As though suddenly snapped out of your trance, you look away, and you realize that the old woman in the stall is chuckling behind you. You glance at her questioningly, and she just shakes her head.

"My dear, don't let him catch you staring at him."

"I'm not staring," you deny, and as you say that, you subconsciously throw a glance behind your shoulder, realizing that he's still looking at you.

Suddenly, his small sister tugs at his hand and says, "Stop staring at the pretty girl and buy me some cotton candy, silly. Or else I'll tell on you to Mother."

He gives you a lopsided smile, and starts walking towards you, and you do nothing but stare at him, the way his shoulder blades visibly move under his tank top.

He's not so well built, but nor is he as thin as a stick.

He's just alright, but the feature about him that strikes your brain the most is the colour of his eyes.

"You come here often?" He asks, and you jump a little, startled and surprised to hear him speak to you; his voice not too manly and hoarse, but just boyish.

His cute accent catches your attention, and you nod.

"The lady's gone. Do you mind giving my sister some cotton candy?"

I look at the stall, and the old woman is indeed not there.

"I don't think I'm supposed to..."

"Please?" He says, looking down at his sister who pouts at you, and you have no choice but to give in to the siblings' wish.

"Okay," you sigh, and the little one comes and wraps her leg around you enthusiastically, and you let out a laugh, which in a second, turns into a sharp gasp as you lose your balance, and feel your self lose control over your legs.

The cotton candy flies from your hand and you start falling forward in slow motion, but you never get close to the ground, because the boy catches you in his arms.

Your eyes follow the way your arms are tangled in his, and they finally find the now familiar blue colour of his eyes.

"You okay?" He breathes, and you don't say anything for a moment, before nodding your head slightly, you body burning at the contact with his.

You want to get out of your embrace, but your arms and body refuse to.

"Sorry," a voice gets you out of your reverie, and you suddenly move away from him, gazing down at the teary eyed girl. You crouch down and say that it's alright, and she smiles at you.

Suddenly, you feel something tickle your cheek, and you look up to see the guy holding up something for you.

It's newly made cotton candy, and you leap with joy, almost hugging him.

"You're welcome," he winks at you before you say anything to him, and walks away with his sister, looking back and giving you one last smile.

Vote and comment if you like it =)