Part 1

Beca likes to run. She likes keeping her mind away from the words. She likes to forget everything for a while. Boston is a nice place and her apartment is in an okay neighborhood with a bunch of other apartments. Beca has found that most of her neighbors are mostly early risers. They seems to be up anywhere from five to eight. Leaving and coming throughout the morning. Beca's work doesn't require her to be there until at least nine which is lucky for her.

After quitting college she found a job rather easily. She has spent the last six months being an intern and also working late night at a restaurant just down the street. For some reason the owner, Aubrey, decided she wanted to specialize in a variety of foods so Beca couldn't call it Chinese food or Danish food or Italian food or American food. She got to work the dinner shift which was from four to eight, her internship requiring her to be at the studio from nine till two. Beca always went home, ate, then went back out to work. Sometimes working on music in between. When she got home she would throw on some workout clothes and take a jog.

Beca is convinced that she has been cursed. She knew she shouldn't have learned how to read. Ever since she could remember there have been cursive neat letter that appear on peoples bare skin, sort of like tattoos except they aren't permanent. After talking with Chloe, her best friend since first grade, about it she discovered that the words stay there for the entire day. They are all the emotions that particular person has felt in the past twenty four hours. Beca doesn't know why its like this but she knows that she doesn't have to worry about fake friends or people judging her behind her back. Its written on their skin.

Beca quickly realized the most common place to see them are around the person's neck, shoulders, or arms. The emotions they had felt that were strongest would usually appear on their face and if they felt mixed emotions the words would appear messy and jumbled. Beca could always read anyone like an open book so maybe that was why she sucked at making friends.

"Beca, we are closing early but you need to be here at three on Wednesday because we are doing karaoke night." Aubrey informed her. Beca nodded and slipped off her apron, hanging it on the rack as she left Chloe and Aubrey alone. It was only six thirty but no one ever came around on Sundays for some reason. Probably because people wanted to go somewhere nice on Sundays.

Beca had brought her work out clothes with her today, knowing that she usually got dismissed early on Sundays. She changed in the bathroom and then walked out quickly, beginning to run back to her neighborhood. It was a nice square, with about five apartment buildings and the rest were actual houses. Beca kept her eyes focused downward as she ran, just enough to know where she was going but refusing to look at the groups of people out that night.

There were times when the words were overwhelming. Beca would get headaches if there were too many people in her sight that she could read the words on. Beca found it best most of the time if she just stayed at home but she couldn't exactly watch TV or anything because even then she could see the words written on anyones skin. She tried to work on music sometimes but without inspiration she would just get more frustrated. A lot of the time she just needed a break from looking at computer screens and she found the best way to clear her mind was to get fresh air and then make her muscles burn.

Unfortunately sometimes this worked too well.

Beca didn't realize that she was about to run into one of the lampposts until a strong, slender arm wrapped around her waist and stopped her. Beca found her face inches from the pole and her breathing heavy. A blush crept its way onto her cheeks and she turned around shyly, awaiting to see who the person was. However they had on a motorcycle helmet. Beca also found herself staring straight at a smooth patch of perfect skin, a black leather jacket unzipped enough to tease. Beca stared at that space for a little while, trying to tear her eyes away but failing to do so.

It wasn't that this woman was perfect and alluring, but she totally was. It was the fact that there were no sign of any words on her skin. Beca's eyes traveled downward to see if maybe they were on her legs but the sinfully long legs were covered with tight black pants and black combat boots. Beca's eyes wandered back up to the exposed chest before finally looking up at the covered face.

"Umm... Thank you." Beca muttered awkwardly.

"Anytime." The voice was raspy and accented with... German? The mysterious woman turned around without taking off her helmet, walking back to a bike that was sitting on the side of the road.

"You never told me your name." Beca called back.

"I know."

"Isn't that a bit rude?" Beca asked, hoping she didn't sound as pissed as she was.

"Isn't it a bit rude to stare at someone's chest?" The stranger called back and Beca just knew there was a smug smirk hiding behind that helmet.

Still, she couldn't help that she began blushing even harder. "I can't help it that you are flawless and your skin looks so smooth!" Beca said than dropped her head, wincing at her stupidity.

A throaty laugh accompanied by the sound of the motorcycle starting caught Beca's ears. "Why thany you very much." And then the stranger was off.

Beca hesitated for just a moment before running in the direction the woman had. She lost sight of the motorcycle but after a few minutes she found it parked outside of the apartment next to her own. The biker was standing beside her bike, taking off her helmet. She shook her head as perfect golden waves dropped to her shoulders. Slinging one arm over her helmet, the stranger moved toward the building unlocking it. Before she went inside she tossed Beca a smug smile over her shoulder and boy was she gorgeous.

Perfect blue eyes that Beca could drown in, amazing teeth that were straight and white like pearls. A cute adorable little nose. And skin, untouched by black. Beca stood baffled as she turned back around and went inside, but not before gesturing to her bike.

Beca moved over the the vehicle where she found a slip of paper on it.

"It is also rude to... stalk someone, yes?"