𝐈𝐗 ... 𝐽𝑜ℎ𝑛𝑛𝑦'𝑠 𝑆𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 parked her car in front of the San Bernardino Hospice Center. Grabbing her nursing bag, and placing her stethoscope around her neck, and putting her name badge on her pocket, she got out, locked her impala and walked inside.

"Hi, you must be with UCLA's nursing program." an elderly nurse named Annie said. "My name is Annie."

"Hello Annie. My name is Stella Walker. Yes, I'm with UCLA's nursing program." Stella smiled

"Great, we are so happy to have you. Most of the nursing students don't even want to their clinicals here." Annie said. "But, I'm certainly glad you came."

"Oh, of course." Stella smiled.

"So, we've assigned you to a patient named Tommy. He's in room 112." Annie smiled. "He's one of our mischievous patients. He loves to play with the call light."

"Stella smiled and nodded as she clutched the strap of her nursing bag, then walked towards room 112. When she got there, Tommy sat in the bed, watching soccer.

"Hi, I'm Stella Walker. I'm with the UCLA nursing program." Stella smiled

"Oh, yes, please, come in." Tommy said.

"First, I'll start by getting your vital signs." Stella said as she wrapped the blood pressure cuff around his arm. "I know this will be a little uncomfortable, so just let me know if it gets too tight, and I'll do everything I can to make it comfortable. Personally, I don't like this experience."

"Hon, I've had my blood pressure taken so many times, it doesn't bother me." Tommy chuckled as Stella took his blood pressure.

"134/90." Stella said. "Pulse is 85."

"Is that good? Bad?" Tommy questioned as Stella placed her blood cuff in her bag

"Pulse and blood pressure are both great." Stella smiled.

After going over his medication list, as well as his family history of diseases, the normal things you go over, it was time for Stella to leave. Tommy genuinely liked her.

"Well, thank you for giving me a few minutes of your time." Stella smiled as she extended her hand for a handshake.

Tommy smiled as he shook Stella's hand, then replied, "No problem. You'll make a great nurse. You have a wonderful bedside manner, and you have a compassionate heart. Normally, I don't ask people to come back, but do you think you could come back?