The price of holding on.

She had met Strange not too long after he became Sorcerer Supreme

She had met Strange not too long after he became Sorcerer Supreme. She became his apprentice under his demanding gaze, and he pushed her to become her best self with patience. Everything was going alright until the slip-up. They had shared many nights reading in each other's silent company. She had vented to him about her past, her pains, and her decisions, and he had done the same. That was when the barrier between Master and apprentice broke completely. They went from barely bowing in courtesy to each other to spending nights drinking tea and talking about whatever was on their minds. They weren't alike, in fact, they had little in common, but perhaps that's why they enjoyed each other's company so much.

One of those nights, their drink of choice wasn't tea but something more heavy and fiery. It was her 21st birthday, so how could she say no to a good tequila? Shot after shot, the distance between them became shorter, their breaths became heavy, and before she realized it, she was under the weight of the strong, powerful, and hungry man.

Stephen was a passionate lover, he had kissed, sucked and playfully bite every inch of her skin, as if all he wanted was leave her bones and only her bones behind. The office was heavy and her moans filled the room as Stephen ate her for the first time. She was moaning and moving her hips with no control and without hesitation she ended up climaxing in his mouth. Those deep blue eyes looking at her and only her.

After what she had felt that night, there was no way in hell she wouldn't have caught feelings. Stephen, however, ignored her for weeks, and every time she tried to catch him in private to talk to him, he would simply say he was busy. She understood and gave him space because she knew he still had feelings for Christine in the bottom of his heart, the woman he had described as his one and only. But she didn't believe in destiny or soulmates. There is no such thing as a person destined for you, especially if that same destiny seemed to keep them both apart. Perhaps it was for the best.

And before she could figure out their relationship he got blipped . And when he blipped , she was sent to the Sanctum in Hong Kong where she had become a teacher in her own right. She was respected, and with time the young girl he had left behind had become a respected and fearless woman. And as delusional as it sounded, she had never given up on him because despite her body and mind growing, her heart had stayed with him from the moment they first met.

She had fought side by side with the other sorcerers in the final battle against Thanos and had been the one to help Strange adjust to the new changes that had happened in the five years he was away. At the beginning, he was acting normal towards her, proud and congratulating her on the woman she had become, the nights of reading and tea had come back, as if not a day had went by. She also could feel his eyes on her curves and her now fuller chest. Now that she was more mature, she could sense that the hunger was still inside him.

That's why one night, she invited him to her room. Now that he wasn't the Sorcerer Supreme, there were no rules or protocols to follow. After all, they were both two adult sorcerers. And they both sat there drinking.