The Run (Explicit)

It's way too cold to be out here. I got to make it to the safe house I've been hearing about before night time. Right now it's thirty-one degrees outside and is snowing. All I have on is a T-shirt, pants, a flannel jacket, and running shoes. I have a backpack with some supplies, weapons and ammo. I'm one or two miles away from the safe zone and it's getting dark fast. I'm racing against time... and I'm losing. I have to keep going, just keep running and don't stop, just run, I was already wheezing and coughing. Ugh I hate asthma I feel like I can't go on. "STOP!" A man shouted. I looked up and saw a man with a gun pointed at me "Woe, woe, woe easy put the gun down!" He stared back at me with an evil look then shouted "Yea, why the fuck should I?" "Cause I'm not a threat and I'm just trying to get to somewhere safe, so please lets go are ways without any harm to one another." He hesitated but put his gun down. He started looking up at the sky then looked at me "It's getting dark," he said "where are you headed?" That was the question where was I going, where was I headed? "Well nowhere I'm just going town to town, I'm a drifter." he stroked his beard he had a long beard, he looked like he was in his mid or late thirties to early forties, and he was really muscular and tall. "Well," he said "You can spend the night here and we have diner cooking and an extra bed." I wasted no time making up my mind. "Well that's better than sleeping out here." He chuckled and motioned for me to come over to the front of the building. When we got up to the fourth floor I went to open the door for him. "Hey wait, wait, wait, what the fuck are you doing? Let me open it damn it." I let go of the doorknob and stepped back. When he opened the door there was a woman, two girls, and a guy standing there each holding a gun pointed at the door. I put my hands up and let the man walk in before me. There was an uneasy feeling in the room. The man looked at them. "It's okay, put your guns down." He said. He pointed at me "Come with me, we have some questions to ask you." I got a little scared. He took me to what I thought was suppose to be a dining room. "Sit." I sat without speaking. The family was at the other end of the table. "So lets begin," The man said. "How many people have you killed?" "I've killed three but it was because I had to" "Well what were the reasons." "When the outbreak first happened my mom got bit and had became a crazed so I had to kill her. Then it was my dad. Me and my best friend Andrew were jumping roofs to get back to where we were but, when he jumped, the roof shingles broke and she fell and a medal poll went through his torso... so... I" I couldn't finish. " I'm sorry to hear that, but how old are you?" I looked down at me watch. "I was born two thousand one in august twenty ninth and it's around august so I'm fourteen or thirteen." "Do you do drugs or drink?" "No, god no." I don't get it what's going on, why is he asking me all of these questions? Is he trying to get me to stay with them? "What's your name?" "Marshal, Marshal Manning." I saw one of the girls chuckling "What's funny?" She looked at me scared "What's funny I wont be mad." "Okay well your name is Marshal Manning so your initials are MM, so I guess you could say you're Eminem. Plus you have blond hair like him and your muscular like him. But you have more greenish blue eyes than baby blue. You have a northern accent but not like his. That's what I thought was funny." Of Course someone would have to fuckin say that. The man stood up "Okay, we'll be back in the mean time go wash up, dinner's almost ready." I stood up and pushed the chair in after that I went to the window and pulled the curtain to the side and looked out. I saw a man walking outside holding another backpack. He looked up at the window and pointed his gun at the window. "Oh shit." I dropped the curtain and stepped back. Just then the glass broke and a piece of it went in my left arm. "Ugh damn it!" I pulled it out and ran to my bag. I went to the left side pocket and got my pistol. I took it off of safety. When I stood up a bullet went through my left shoulder and I fell to the ground. I looked over and saw the man running over to me I put my hand up and shouted "Stay back! Let me handle it, I'll be fine!" I looked out the window he wasn't there I looked at them "Hey sir toss me the shotgun." "But what about your shoulder?" I looked at it. It was bleeding bad. "We'll fix it after this guy, now give me the gun!" He tossed it over and through three shells to me. I opened the door and peaked down the stairwell I saw his shadow, I held my breath and aimed at the next flight of steps he would come up. I saw his shoulder and shot. I reloaded and saw him hit the ground. I turned to go down the stairs still aiming at where he was. When I reached the flight in front of him he looked up and shot at me. He hit me in the leg and the left arm. I fell to the ground. I pointed the gun at him and fired. He finally died. I tried to get up but I was too hurt to do anything. I yelled for the man. I was in excruciating pain. He came down the stairs and looked at me and went to pick me up, then I passed out. The next time I woke up I was in a bed and it was night time. I went to get up but I was in too much pain to move. I was so thirsty and hot I could drink anything. I coughed and one of the girls came over. "Hey, are you ok, do you need some water?" I could barely speak "Please." She lifted me up and gave me a sip out of a cup. It was hard to swallow. "What's your name?" I asked the girl "It's Caroline, my sister is Jessica and our little brother is Eddy. Our mom is Michelle and our dads' name is Lee. We have another person staying with us but she isn't here she'll be back tomorrow." I looked over to Caroline "Wait what day is it? How long have I been out?" "You've been asleep for two days and I think it's Friday." Jesus how fucked up am I? I looked around the room now being able to see a bit better. There was a living room over to my left and by the bookshelf there was a hallway, which I'm guessing lead to the bedrooms. To my right there was a kitchin and there was a hallway over by the door that I think connected to the dining room. I'm so hungry and tired I just need to go to sleep. I just closed my eyes and then in a split second it was morning. I heard someone in the kitchin. I managed to sit up and look to see who it was and I couldn't fuckin beleave who it was. "Peyton... you're... you're alive?" I can't fuckin believe it it was her "Marshal? Is it you?" My god it's her it's my girlfriend before shit hit the fan. She came over and looked at me "Oh my god what happened to you?" I looked down at my chest and saw it was just bandages wrapped around my bullet wounds. I looked back at her "They're just scratches nothing to worry about." "Bullshit, what the hell happened?" I told her what happened and she just couldn't speak or react to what I said. Just then Lee walked out the hallway "Morning you two." "Morning sir how are you?"