Darling, you will bury me before I bury you

A/N: I apologise for the delay! I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Dany gives Jon a Valyrian lesson. Bonding time with the dragons and a jaunt to a wintry wonder. Then it's back to being Queen and playing the game.

"I can't decideIf I love you more in morningOr I love you more at nightWith its luminous lux tidesMaybe in the daylightAll it's pretty madnessAnd the complicated status'Cause the moon don't pick sidesAnd the sun won't resignUntil you're by my side

"I can't decide
If I love you more in morning
Or I love you more at night
With its luminous lux tides
Maybe in the daylight
All it's pretty madness
And the complicated status
'Cause the moon don't pick sides
And the sun won't resign
Until you're by my side

I think we could live forever
In each other's faces Cause I'll
Always see my youth in you
And if we don't live forever
Maybe one day, we'll trade places
Darling, you will bury me
Before I bury you

I'll never know
If there's danger in confession or
It's memory that presses
Like a blade against my throat
Another word and I could choke
But what's worse?
Telling you my feelings
Or to die without revealing
That you crawled inside my head
And set a fire there instead?
Letting all my insecurity
Devour me with certainty
That love is just a currency
So take my pockets, take me whole
Take my life and take my soul
Wrap me in a wedding ring
You know, I swear I'd give you anything"

Ya'aburnee - Halsey
*******

Daenerys

"Naejot?" Daenerys asked Jon, smiling slightly at his frustrated expression.

"Forward." He replied after testing the Valyrian word, the lyrical language clumsy and stiff on his tongue.

"Good," She grinned, "Geptot se paktot?"

Jon huffed, eyes rolling as she laughed, "Can't they understand the common tongue? Rhaegal seems to."

"Hmm, yes, but they are not ordinary creatures. Nor should they be treated as such. They respond best to their mother tongue."

"Left and right? I know sovēgon means to fly." He said tentatively after a short pause, and an indulgent look was thrown at her when she clapped her hands in delight.

"You're a fast learner, my love. The most important command, you already know, and it is best we don't test it here." She jested to smooth away the deep crease between his brows.

Her bond with Drogon was battle tested and forged through respect and great love, and he knew what she wanted before she told him. Jon hadn't had time to connect with Rhaegal to such an extent, and she felt he needed to know the commands. As they approached her children, the weak winter sun hadn't yet begun to peak above the snow-dusted land. She had woken with an urge so intense she had shaken Jon awake, demanding they use the time before the rest of the Keep awoke to give Jon more practice with Rhaegal now he knew his true heritage. Jon hadn't objected. Each hour they spent sleeping felt wasteful, and though the truth of his parents still troubled him greatly, he seemed able to shove it aside for now. She knew once the war was over and he had time to brood over it, he would struggle greatly, and she could only hope their victory would soothe away some of the hurt.