The sound of rain

After a long writing break we are back with a little project. We hope you like it. Much love from us ♥

It was a stormy night somewhere in the middle of October. The weather forecast had predicted that it would rain, but frequently the sky was lit up with lightning. One of the loud lightning strikes woke up Handong who had been having a pretty peaceful night up until that point. Why could the weather forecast never be right? If she had known it would storm, she would have put something on her ears to block out the noise.

When she turned on her side to look at her digital clock, the time showed 5am. It meant that it was way too early to wake up, but with this weather there was no chance to fall asleep again. Slowly but surely she got up on the bed, letting the bed sheets slide off from her naked form. Her girlfriend wasn't there, probably also already awake because of this storm.

She couldn't find her underwear anywhere so she wrapped the sheets around her body and she walked downstairs. She wanted to get a glass of water but at the same time she wanted to check on her girlfriend. When she couldn't sleep she would just go on the couch to watch TV but she never brought something to cover herself with.

The lights downstairs were all off, making her believe that her girlfriend was still sleeping. Maybe she moved to the couch and laid down there? Relying on her spatial awareness, the Chinese woman tried making her way to the kitchen on her tiptoes.

When she was about to enter the kitchen she noticed her girlfriend's figure in the living room, right in front of the window. She was blankly staring outside while wearing only her underwear.

Sadly enough it wasn't the first time that she had seen her sit there in the early hours. What worried her most however was the fact that she didn't even bother to wrap a blanket around herself. The heaters in the house weren't on and it certainly wasn't warm at this time of the year. "Babe?" Handong softly called her, wanting to make her presence known. Otherwise there was the possibility of startling her. "You'll catch a cold like that"

The slightly taller woman was so deep into her thoughts that Handong's voice didn't even reach her. She shivered a little, but she didn't move from that spot.

Judging by the way her face looked in the reflection of the mirror, it was clear that something was going on inside of her head. Handong understood that but still didn't like to see her like that. So once again she tried calling out to her, this time with her name. "Minji"

The brunette blinked at hearing her name and she turned around to look at her girlfriend. By the way she was looking at her, she had been trying to call her for a while. "I'm sorry, I spaced out" she whispered with a weak smile as she turned towards the window again.

Handong hummed, glad to know Minji had heard her this time. That was all she needed. But at the same time, she felt the need to warn her again about catching a cold like that.

Minji reassured her that she wasn't feeling cold even though it was a lie. She just didn't want to get away from the window. Not now at least. "Did the storm wake you up?" She asked, not turning around.

"Yeah" The younger of the two kept herself from saying anything bad about the rain. Minji liked the rain after all. Because her girlfriend was being stubborn she walked closer, opening the bedsheets and hugging her from behind like that.

As Handong wrapped her hands around her waist, Minji reached for them and leaned back a little. She was thankful Handong was one of those people who wouldn't argue about things. She always had a sweet and caring solution when Minji was being stubborn.

Now that the brunette was wrapped up in the sheets, Handong did her best to not lean her body against Minji too much. Both because her skin was quite cold and as to not bother her too much.