Champaign

August 3rd, 2005.

         Today is the day that I moved to Texas. My mom had convinced my aunt's too move here with us, after she had received a higher paying position based in the DFW area. We moved to a small town in the suburbs. It's small and colorful. A place my mom wanted to raise me in since I was born. I am 14 years old and will be a sophomore at my new highschool.

       I wasn't exactly thrilled when hearing about our move but now that I'm here, maybe I can change, for the good. In previous years I had gotten in to many fights and I've had trouble with my peers since I can remember. I have never gotten along with anyone and have earned the status of "loner" or "cold". I don't really care for such insignificant assumptions, especially since they have grown to be true, but maybe this year I can make a change. Maybe I can find myself friends.

     On our way to our new house we passed this church that I found very impressive. If was a tall castle-like building with large beautiful stained glass windows. As we passed the sign I realized it was a baptist church which is the kind of church my mom have been attending. I pointed it out and convinced my mom to try it out.

   And once we finally arrived to our house, I was astonished. The house was very large and had huge white pillars in the front with a cute antique red door. And once I stepped in to my room, my jaw dropped. It's was beautiful and had tall ceilings with a large window.

     I brought my bed up the stairs with the help of my older brother Dreaydan and set up some of my personal items. Once everything was unpacked from the van I went to my room to rest. I retrieved my phone from my pocket and scrolled on my Pinterest board for ideas of how I was going to decorate my new room. I was planning on having my sister take me to the town close to ours that I saw had a street mall so we could go get some new things for the house and our rooms, which in doing so   reminded me that I need to go shopping for new clothes and shoes for school.

     Not too long after scrolling and planning I took out my journal and fell asleep.