Chapters 1-5

Chapter 1

Everything was different. Different school, different classes, different guys (not like I noticed), different everything. I had decided this morning to try my new contacts and immediately changed back. Sure, they were dorky, nerdy, no good glasses, but they were my dorky, nerdy, no good glasses. It's not like any of the guys noticed me anyway. Me with my plain blond hair, plain blue eyes, plain clothes. I mean, everyone tries to look good, it just doesn't come naturally to me. Frankly, nothing comes naturally to me except reading. I LOVE to read. Every time I read a book it feels like I'm there instead of in my bedroom. In the Frog Princess books, it felt like I was actually turning into a dragon, casting spells and whatnot. In other books it seems like I'm the main character and everything is happening to me. I read pretty fast and on a day off with nothing to do I could probably read at least eight hundred pages of a good book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My first day of school started on a Monday-the worst day it could have been on. I mean, who likes Mondays? Anyway, it was a new town, a new school, a new life. How bad could it be? It turns out it could be pretty terrible.

Chapter 2

My living nightmare began when I had to skip breakfast to catch the bus. Who wants to start off the day with an empty, growling stomach? Anyway, to make my day LOADS worse, I had to sit next to my old crush, Jackson. And EVERYONE knew I used to have a crush on him, including the big man himself. Did I say man? I meant to say boy. At least, that was how he was acting, throwing pieces of toilet paper (YUCK!) at some poor girl's hair. Some pieces were stuck and she couldn't even feel it. Every time she turned around they all acted natural (they all suck at acting) and she didn't suspect a thing. The poor, poor girl.

The next thing to add to my list of "bad things happening on the first day of school" was that I was taking French. I had definitely wanted French, but it turns out that a whole bunch of seniors decided not to take their language class until this year. So I was stuck with all of the seniors who thought they were way cooler than they really were. I mean, I was a junior myself, but at least I had just gotten to this school and had an excuse. The only one who was separate from the group was a tall, dark haired boy. And I mean BOY, he was a cutie. Apparently I was one of the only girls in the class, and one of the only juniors. The only other girl was named Violet. She had really long, dark hair that slithered smoothly down her back. It kind of looked like a waterfall. Then I realised that she was the one all of the boys on the bus had been throwing the toilet paper at. Poor Violet.

The only other juniors were Violet and the tall, dark haired boy. I learned later that his name was Ian. His hair was dark (like I said), but had little sun streaks in it. It was kind of scruffy and probably hadn't had a haircut in at least 5 weeks. He had green eyes, which I guess some would consider hazel. Violet had, you guessed it, violet eyes. Is that weird or what? In order from tallest to shortest, I was the shortest at a whopping 5 foot 5. Violet came in second at 5 foot 9, and Ian was taller than some of the seniors at 6 foot 1.

It turns out that French class is pretty fun when you don't know French. The teacher expected us to already be somewhat fluent in it, but I of course hadn't studied it at all. I guess neither had the rest of the class, because we all failed the test. That's right, we had a test on the first day of school. That was the next thing on the whole "bad things happening on the first day of school" list.

I was in my second period class when I noticed that Violet and Ian were also in this class. Maybe there would be an upside to this whole, "new girl" thing. I was walking over to them when I accidentally bumped into the school bully, Jackson Tucker.