The note

"What?" My voice rose. Few students looked at me. I smiled.

"Shhhhhhh... I saw someone at the second floor while I was returning from the library. He was weirdly running in worry. He passed me and I asked but he didn't answer. He turned left and I followed him. As I reached, I heard a bang. He fell. An..an..and...."

"And?"

"I saw James. He....  he went through the stairs as the guy fell."

My ears heard a thunderclap. I was stricken.

"I guess James might have..."

"No way" I interrupted.
Obviously he can't. I know.

"He is not here, Rose."
I looked around and he was right.

My heart was thumping and mind whirling.
I went towards the auditorium door and they strictly stopped me.
I sat in the corner.

Ben sat beside and asked me
"Is there something between you and James?"

I looked into his eyes and then looked away.
"No, nothing like that." I replied.

"Hmmm, You're disturbed. Your face turns pale whenever he comes, even in conversations."

"That's nonsense. Ya, I'm bothered right now cause this matter isn't a joke."
We both went quite.

After an hour the door was opened and we were set free.
I looked towards Ben and we both had same question running.

"Won't they run a proper investigation? No queries from us? What happened outside? They locked us in purpose?"

I stepped out and saw nothing. The ground was all vacant. Not a single mark of blood. No smell, no cops, no rush, no body. What did just now happen?

Soon my mind rang for James. I ran to the main gate took my bike and went near the riverside.
I called James. He didn't pick. I tried again and again. I stood for an hour then went home.

My door was open. I heart trembled. I slowly went to the door and went inside. I saw James sitting on my couch.
I went near and calmly touched his shoulder.

"James."
He stood up and hugged me tight. I was left unspoken.
I said nothing, he was weeping. It was worrisome. I tried to comfort him. He didn't move an inch.

Between this all my mind went towards the murder incident.
My instincts said he might have....
No no nonsense.

He slept on my lap. And didn't woke for a while. I sat till he finally came back to life.
He sat straight with those swollen red eyes.

I wanted to ask but he didn't seem to answer. Still I had to.

"What's wrong?"

He looked into my eyes but didn't answer. I got up. He held my hand.

"I failed to save him."

"Whom, what are you talking about?"

"The man died because of me. He was my mom's friend. He was with me when I was a kid. But suddenly he vanished. I was small and couldn't find him. Last week, I got a letter that said my name "popsicle" and an address. Mom and uncle gave me this name."

"When I reached the address, It was an empty house in moss and dirt. It had my childhood stuffs and photographs. I didn't met him. 
Only found a note,

"HE DIDN'T DIE BUT MADE HER ALMOST,
THE TRAP IS HANDLED BY OUR BLOOD.
:ADA:"  "

He handed me the note.